1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus S drivers not being installed nor can be recognized

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exudex, Jul 30, 2011.

1. exudex

exudex Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Always include:

Device: Samsung Google Nexus S
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Country / Language: United States/English
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): 2.3.4/GRJ22

My current problem is that after I plugged in my USB charger cord as the phone was shutting down from loss of power, I hit the home button and the phone opened the android system as an app. It would not shut down nor go to the home screen so I had to pull the battery off. I proceeded to boot the phone which led me to the screen with no signal and the phone would freeze if I unlocked it and when I pressed the stand-by mode button, basically it was in a fault state. After several manual reboots through the battery I had gotten the phone to work properly except now the phone can not install drivers properly nor will it actually connect. The USB connect icon and USB debugging icon will not show up either unless the phone is restarted while connected to the PC through USB and is shut off. Once started there is a brief time where I can connect the phone to the computer but it will disconnect randomly within 30 seconds then work regularly just without USB function. I've tried different usb cables and different computers, all with the same problem. Any help would be appreciated! I also searched for similiar problems but nothing with my direct situation/events.

Advertisement

2. edread

edread Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Having the exact same problem and would love some help so I can move pictures from my nexus s to my laptop. All it will do now is charge and Sprint just sent me a new nexus s so its not the phone's port.

3. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    This is a software issue :) ,try downloading and installing PDANET [latest version] ,this will install your Nsxus S driver on your PC [delete older ones first from Device Manager] - read the instructions carefully while installing ,connect the phone only when needed !

Tags: