1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Nexus s for att?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ronin12, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ronin12

Ronin12 Newbie
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    I know that it's going through the FCC, but is there any recent news on this? This is the phone I'm waiting for to replace my iPhone 4.

Advertisement

2. MattBee

MattBee Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Cattle Ranch Manager
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Ronin12,

I have been using an unlocked one since it was launched on AT&T. I love it! The only minor set back is obviously it's locked on the EDGE network, since it doesn't have the AT&T 3G radio.

For me, not really an issue! I use the wifi around the house, and for the short amount of time I'm at my office I also use the wifi there as well.

Seriously, I find the internet over EDGE not terrible. Since almost all websites have mobile sites, it helps the loading of pages acceptable for me!

Now, if we are talking about streaming video & gaming, it's obvious not going to work worth a darn!

Hopefully AT&T will get there version soon, then I'll decide about switching devices.

Good Luck!

3. Ronin12

Ronin12 Newbie
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Thanks for the reply. Yea, it's frustrating right now cause att doesn't have a decent selection of android phones which makes it tempting to simply skip another year. But I don't want to! The atrix is nice but not really faster in real life than a nexus s. Plus I do want the updates and the ability to use custom roms if I decide to get into that.

Tags: