1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Nexus S no network service!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ereleon, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ereleon

Ereleon Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Hi guys I have a 2 month old Nexus S and for no apparent reason all of a sudden today I noticed I am not getting any network service (australia vodafone).

I've tried removing and trying other sim cards which are known to work. My sim card works in other phones so it's nothing wrong with the sim card. Wifi still works perfectly. I've tried going in and out of airplane mode to restart the antenna and I've tried to turn it off and on again. I've also done a factory reset and erased all data through the android menu as well as the bootloader separately to no avail.

However what I also noticed is even though I did factory resets it doesn't seem to completely reset it as the android version still shows 2.3.3 which I applied using a manual update. The phone had 2.3.1 when I bought it. How do I do a full reset to send it back to 2.3.1?

The phone is still under warranty however if it is a software issue I would rather fix it myself then send it away.

Advertisement

2. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Do you mean no data or no service at all (voice/text)? If no service at all, then the phone is probably toast or your account is messed up at the carrier.

If you mean just data is missing, if you did a factory reset or update at any time the wireless data APN settings often get wiped out and need to be setup again for your carrier.
    You can't just do a reset...once you flash new firmware onto the phone, that version of the firmware becomes the reset point and version. So v2.3.3 is now your base reset. To go back to another version requires rooting and flashing older firmware, if possible.

Tags: