1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus S Surface Flinger Permission

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manouwar, May 19, 2011.

1. manouwar

manouwar Lurker

Nexus S Surface Flinger Permission

Hello,

I am currently stuck with the place where my application needs permission to access the surface flinger.

I got the following error Message :

W/ServiceManager( 176): Permission failure: android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER from uid= 1080 pid= 10020

E/SurfaceFlinger( 176): Permission Denial: can't access SurfaceFlinger pid=108, uid=10020

Applications signed with same system keys by which an phone resource lib is signed only can access the surface flinger.

I have tryed by signing my app by platform certificate(platform.x509.pem) and private key(platform.pk8) that comes with open source (built/target/product/security) GingerBread(2.3.3).

But it didn't worked.

How i will get the platform certificate(platform.x509.pem) and private key(platform.pk8) to sign my app by which Nexus S surface flinger is signed.

OR If anyone has faced the same problem and solved it please help..

Thank You..
    Manouwar

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

For quicker response try posting your question to the Application Development forum...

3. Steven58

Glad you signed up!

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews