• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S vs Desire HD

Hi. I have a DHD, but since I have to bring it to HTC for repairs, I was thinking about buying a new phone.
I am looking to the Nexus S, because of the updates and of the true google experience (was kinda bored of sense after a while). Anyway, Im guessing that google probably won't release any update for this phone after 4.1, am I wrong?

So what's the difference between the two phones? Hardware-wise both should be similar, the DHD's screen is a bit larger though.

I know this post is a month old... but still worth posting

I run in the inspire HD... the twin of the Desire HD (just different radios to work on ATT)

if you want ICS or jellybean root your DHD... take a look over at XDA dev, the DHD has SO many GOOD roms out it's a bit crazy considering it's a 2+ year old phone and only a 1ghz single core processor

Upvote 0
Hi. I have a DHD, but since I have to bring it to HTC for repairs, I was thinking about buying a new phone.
I am looking to the Nexus S, because of the updates and of the true google experience (was kinda bored of sense after a while). Anyway, Im guessing that google probably won't release any update for this phone after 4.1, am I wrong?

So what's the difference between the two phones? Hardware-wise both should be similar, the DHD's screen is a bit larger though.

The Nexus S is a terrific little phone, although it runs the native stock Android experience, 4.1.2 is unfortunately the final version of Android it will get.

The phones are similar specification, although I prefer the smaller 4" screen on the S (because I'm not a fan of larger phones), HTC phones also have all the 'HTC Sense' junk built in to Android too which adds unnecessary bloat into the operating system.

The Nexus S is getting a little old no, so have you thought about the Nexus 4 which is very cheap, has the latest updates (4.2.2) and has a larger display if that's important to you?

Upvote 0
I've already bought the nexus s a couple of months ago, I think it's better than the DHD even if it's smaller and I'm really happy that it has more recent version of Android. Anyway, I thought that without the sense the phone would have been a bit faster, instead I experience lag quite often.

Sorry to hear about the lag but I suppose the device is 2 years old. May I ask how much you paid for the device as if its around 300 I would suggest attempting to return your nexus s and buying the Much newer nexus 4 as it is arguably the best device out there and is guaranteed updates for a few more years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones