1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nexus speakerphone issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon Nale, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Android Enthusiast

On the last two calls I made, I put the call on speakerphone. Immediately after doing so, the person I was talking to said it sounded very echo-y, and they could hear themselves talking.

To fix this, all I did was take speakerphone off, and immediately turn it back on.

Has anyone else noticed this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast

I've had several complaints about voice quality when on speaker.

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

I used it while talking to my wife, she had no complaints. Normally if you have echoing its because you have the phone too far away.

4. mz1zcd

mz1zcd Lurker

I love the phone, but the speakerphone sucks. There is always feedback or echoing. My previous personal blackberry and my work blackberry both have speakerphones that worked infinitely better. Also, the regular call quality seems a bit wanting. Otherwise, it's an amazing phone.

5. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

my GNex speaker phone 'clips out' if I put it up about 75% to max volume. and it is very inconsistent in volume level... like even at max setting it will get too quiet, but then as soon as the person on the other end says something loud, it will distort and clip out all staticy... quite annoying as I really dont like talking with the handset to my ear or with an ear piece... I really need a good speakerphone...

could software fix this? The speaker sounds fine when I play music or movies... except that its too quiet...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews