1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Nexus Vs Razr Battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redraptor, Apr 17, 2012.

1. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    Hey guy!

Ok so I am now planning on trading my Galaxy Nexus for either a Razr or Razr Maxx. The battery life is one of the reasons Im trying to get rid of the Nexus, and I dont want to go to something that has the same problem.

My biggest problem now is picking between the two. I prefer the original Razr's form factor (I know weird right?) WAY more than the Maxx's but the Maxx's battery life is on a completely different level. So Im curious, how does the original Razr's battery life stack up again the Nexus'? I know the Maxx will blow it away, but like I said, I would prefer to stick with the original. Im a fairly heavy user, ie. always full brightness and 4G/3G and some light to moderate browsing, depending on the day. I dont watch a LOT of videos and Im usually close to an outlet. I just dont want to be tethered to an outlet like I was with the Nexus.

From what I remember with the brief time I had the Razr, it had pretty decent battery life.

Advertisement

2. BeastMD

BeastMD Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    I get a full day out of mine. But I probably use it less.

3. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    I havent owned a maxx but have owned a razr and nexus. At work, the nexus lasted me from 8am to about 1pm with 4g on and using it often. That was with the extended battery. My razr would last about an hour more but with a full lunch hour of netflix or youtube, something my nexus wasnt able to do since it had horrible signal at work.

4. rivera02

rivera02 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 4, 2010
    Male
    I've had both and i didn't notice any difference between the two in terms of battery life. Meaning they're both bad on 4g. If the battery on the nexus was a big problem for you, you should definitely go for the maxx or you will be disappointed.

5. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Male
    jack-of-all-trades/master-of-none
    Warrenton, VA

I concur. If battery life was the main reason you got rid of the Nexus, then the MAXX would seem to be the logical choice.

6. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    Ive had all 3 (Nexus, OG Razr and Maxx) and I would say that the OG Razr was definitely better then the Nexus but not ridiculously better. I'm probably a similar user to you and I used to be able to go about 8 hours or so on the OG Razr with 4g on the whole time and about 12 with 4g off. The Nexus I would only go about 6.5 on 4g and about 10 on 3g. The Maxx is by far the way to go for battery life. I usually go about 13 hours off the charger with 4g on the whole time and no decreased settings and I'm still between 60-70% battery. I know you dont like the form factor of the Maxx but it really isn't much thicker then the Razr. The extra battery is well worth the trade off in size IMO. You wouldn't be disappointed with the Maxx