• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFC Tags or Tasker or??

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2010
Bartlett, IL
SO now that I have my MAXX, I am not sure I want to root it yet so I am using my old RAZR MAXX in my car for my APP Radio. so if I want data in my car I need to WiFi hotspot my Maxx. So is there a simple way to automate turning WiFi Hot spot on? maybe it is using a tag and tasker to automate the task?

looking for opinions

I've been having great success using Condi (Previously Mini Tasker)

You can have it turn on/off bluetooth and open an app when the GPS senses you're driving. You can also have it turn things on or launch apps when plugged in. I connect my phone to a charger in the car (keep in mind I have the Mini, I am envious of your batteries) so, I have it automatically turn on Bluetooth when charging.

Upvote 0
SO now that I have my MAXX, I am not sure I want to root it yet so I am using my old RAZR MAXX in my car for my APP Radio. so if I want data in my car I need to WiFi hotspot my Maxx. So is there a simple way to automate turning WiFi Hot spot on? maybe it is using a tag and tasker to automate the task?

looking for opinions

Ok, with the caveat that I haven't tried this app, for NFC tag type settings changes, this app NFC Task Launcher has good reviews: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher

Otherwise, there is tasker, which I know can kick off activities based on how fast you are traveling. However, you may not want that - if you are a passenger in somebody else's car, you may not want to have the hotspot toggle on. That's why NFC tags may be better - you can have two in your car; one to toggle hotspot on, one to toggle it off. (If that app NFC Task Launcher can toggle hotspot...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones