1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NFC Tags?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dignan17, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Dignan17

Dignan17 Well-Known Member

Greetings!

After reading the review of Sony's latest Android phone and the nifty NFC tag solution they've thought up, I was left wishing that the NFC in my Verizon Galaxy Nexus wasn't completely useless.

I don't know anyone else who has a GN, and I don't want to use Google Wallet on my phone (I don't have any vendors near me that use it anyway), so basically NFC is completely useless for me.

The Sony solution, however, is to give you a bunch of these NFC tags to place at home, at work, in the car, etc, and you can set them to change settings on your phone and launch applications. This sounds fantastic to me. If possible, how might I go about getting such a thing on my Galaxy Nexus?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quiklives

quiklives Android Enthusiast

3. litrekid

litrekid Member

I just ordered some from tagstand and they were not formatted and still work great. I had a hard time getting any of them to work at all but eventually they all started working one by one. I am on 4.0.4 and switched to the latest cm9 nightly and they would work but would do all kinds of different things they were not programed for. Not sure what's up there but works great on 4.0.4.

4. Dignan17

Nice! Thanks folks. So I assume I can use the phone to program the stickers, right? So I don't need the very expensive kits?

5. That is correct, NFC task launcher will program the tags from your phone.

6. Dignan17

Nice! Thanks folks. This is awesome...

7. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

Any recommendations as to which tags to buy? I see that the ultralight ones have a smaller capacity than the 1K. Does this matter? What could I accomplish with the 1K that I can't with the Ultralight?

8. prostang

prostang Well-Known Member

Any idea if placing tags on car mounts will do any harm?

9. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast

Harm to what? It will not harm the phone if that is what you mean.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews