1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nfc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drunkenmax, Apr 26, 2012.

1. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Member

I just noticed that O2 in the UK are launching an electronic app which will allow you to load up to

2. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast

3. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

There's a huge amount of confusion about this - even among Samsung support. I emailed them to ask, they were evasive and mumbled something about the software having NFC functionality, but no word on if the International version of the Note carries the hardware. There is also the thorny issue of the NFC battery - some debate about whether using one of those with ICS would let you have NFC.

However, the most authoritative posts I saw on XDA were adamant that only certain phones (AT&T and Korean versions) have the NFC antennae in the back case and / or the bronze pin connections to allow the antennae to connect to the NFC. The rest of us don't have that and I can't see how it would work.

Check out this thread.

But you never know, maybe there's some magic switch in there no one has discovered!

drunkenmax likes this.
  4. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Member

I seem to get the idea that its the LTE versions that have NFC

5. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

at&t = lte

6. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

Yeah I know mine has the chip or whatever on the battery cover but I'm pretty sure most of the international ones don't have it. This is the first I heard about the Korean version having it, but they did get a LTE version so I guess they're keeping those two features together.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews