• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NHL Gamecenter

Has anyone got live? Does the $80 include gamecenter on your computer or just the phone? I would get if it was both.. But I cant find any info on it.

EDIT: Well nvm maybe. Gamecenter on computer is $159.. unless verizon customers get a hefty discount I guess it is just for phone =( Pretty UNREASONABLE.. isnt the NFL app like 30 bucks for the season..? MLB one is pretty cheap too.

Upvote 0
Has anyone got live? Does the $80 include gamecenter on your computer or just the phone? I would get if it was both.. But I cant find any info on it.

EDIT: Well nvm maybe. Gamecenter on computer is $159.. unless verizon customers get a hefty discount I guess it is just for phone =( Pretty UNREASONABLE.. isnt the NFL app like 30 bucks for the season..? MLB one is pretty cheap too.

I really don't understand what people are complaining about with the $80 version. You get just about EVERY game for the season. It's around $170 for the Center Ice package. I wouldn't pay $80 because I get Center Ice but if they made the mobile version too cheap it could effect how many people buy the Center Ice package. The Sunday Ticket app is $350, but you can watch games on your computer or phone. As for MLB, there was no app that let you watch live, full games.

Upvote 0
I registered just to post a response on this topic... I am rooted and use a couple different roms... I used a rom based on htc's in which the video playback was choppy regardless of quality or signal being used... And then I used Cyanogenmod 6 which played back smooth as butter. So it isn't the app causing the choppiness, it is something else.

Upvote 0
Since Fox Sports and Dish are having a lover's spat I went ahead and upgraded to the live version so I can watch my Thrashers this season. The playback is great over 3g on my Fascinate (I haven't tried wifi yet) with only a little lag in the audio. Anyone on the fence about the live version should know that it works really well and should only improve with future updates. The location trick for blackouts works like a charm too.

Upvote 0
Since Fox Sports and Dish are having a lover's spat I went ahead and upgraded to the live version so I can watch my Thrashers this season. The playback is great over 3g on my Fascinate (I haven't tried wifi yet) with only a little lag in the audio. Anyone on the fence about the live version should know that it works really well and should only improve with future updates. The location trick for blackouts works like a charm too.

The Thrashers..I'm sorry...Just kidding..A Caniac here! Just another Southeast division foe being an A-hole! ;)

Upvote 0
Is there any kind of patch or something I can install for a htc based rom to stop the stuttering??? I don't want to stick with Cyanogenmod, because of the things that are currently missing function wise in the rom.
I agree. There needs to be a way to stop this from stuttering. I paid for the $20 app and I can't even watch the highlights. The stuttering kills me.

Upvote 0
The Thrashers..I'm sorry...Just kidding..A Caniac here! Just another Southeast division foe being an A-hole! ;)

Hey, I've been sorry since the franchise started. Home town team so I have to support them, but they break my heart year after year. Everything is new this year though, so there is always hope. :D

To stay on topic I have to add that I love this app. The Fascinate's screen makes it even better. Now I'm waiting for froyo to come along and mess it up.

Upvote 0
I agree. There needs to be a way to stop this from stuttering. I paid for the $20 app and I can't even watch the highlights. The stuttering kills me.
Is anyone getting these stutters with stock phones?

I upgraded to Skyraider 3.2 RC3 with Sense and now I am getting the stuttering. It isn't a big deal because I listen to the radio more than watch the highlights. Still, would be nice if they fixed this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones