1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Night Clock, 24/7, danger of burn in?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shimeon, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

While reading about the night clock, I got the information that on past models, it was restricted to be used only by shots of 12hours at a time. There isn't that restriction on the S7. I read that in order to avoid burning in the screen, Always On shifts constantly the clocks' pixels ever so slightly so that the eye can't notice it.

Does the same process applies to the night clock? I prefer its look to the Always On display, and would like to use it all day long. Is there a danger of burn in?

2. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

I'd like to know this too.
    I'm using Night clock over the Always on. I found that Always on is too bright and no adjustment.
    Though I'd like missed notifications to show up on the Night Clock like it does on always on

3. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

I have the app "Night Clock" installed on my phone. It puts a giant clock on my display when I want it and it doesn't move at all.

Had it on my Note 3 for over two years running constantly every single night when I went to bed to when I got up. Zero burn in.

These phones do not have plasma screens. The dangers of burn in are just not there based on my exp with "Night Clock" app.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews