1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Night Clock, 24/7, danger of burn in?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shimeon, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Shimeon

Shimeon Member
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    While reading about the night clock, I got the information that on past models, it was restricted to be used only by shots of 12hours at a time. There isn't that restriction on the S7. I read that in order to avoid burning in the screen, Always On shifts constantly the clocks' pixels ever so slightly so that the eye can't notice it.

Does the same process applies to the night clock? I prefer its look to the Always On display, and would like to use it all day long. Is there a danger of burn in?

Advertisement

2. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2011
    Qld, Australia
    I'd like to know this too.
    I'm using Night clock over the Always on. I found that Always on is too bright and no adjustment.
    Though I'd like missed notifications to show up on the Night Clock like it does on always on

3. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    I have the app "Night Clock" installed on my phone. It puts a giant clock on my display when I want it and it doesn't move at all.

Had it on my Note 3 for over two years running constantly every single night when I went to bed to when I got up. Zero burn in.

These phones do not have plasma screens. The dangers of burn in are just not there based on my exp with "Night Clock" app.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US

That's what I used to think too. Unfortunately, I discovered that the OLED screens do have burn-in issues. That's why the always on display keep shifting at regular intervals. I do not know why the night clock image stays, apparently, static, but if Samsung is not concerned then I choose not to have a concern either. They might have an alternating pixel strategy on the edge portion designed to prevent burn-in ,or dimming the display to a safe level,or something else.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.