• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Nightly] Fennec a.k.a firefox android nightly build started

fabler

Android Enthusiast
May 13, 2010
Hello guys,

Fennec a.k.a firefox android has started nightly build I think. Please refer following links.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android
Index of /pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mobile-trunk

Direct Download Link

mozilla-firefox-mobile-web-browser.jpg

source:mozilla wiki.

Yes guys, you are right. But it is still pre-alpha stage of FF so bugs would be expected. And yeah they are working on to decrease size of FF.

And one more thing froyo (android 2.2) is going to announce anytime so droid and nexus user will have app2SD support officially available. :) so, they don't have to worry about installation size after that.

Upvote 0
ditto on htc desire, freezes on startup

I d/l'd it to my Desire(unrooted) weeks ago, and it worked 1st time... could navigate etc and very smooth it was too, esp for an alpha build.:D I uninstalled as I didnt have time to test properly, nor did I want a large program sitting in memory. But, 1st impressions were distinctly positive.

I read on Vlad's page that currently it would not work if installed to sd; could this be your problem?

Upvote 0
I very much enjoyed it's looks from an article I saw a while back. With Froyo's (where art thou?) ability to install to SD, I actually think it nice that it's big so should pack some cool features -- though with Firefox being just short from 8mb I guess there's much to reduce. Well, can't wait for stability!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones