• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nightmare.

gmoto1954

Lurker
Jun 2, 2019
I spent 4 hours online trying to get answers from first playstore then Google who threw me to Android and the grand finale, ZTE. No help . I can't believe such large corporations have no customer service. The Google specialty; here's 3 million articles, read them and maybe your answer is in there. All I want to know is are the programs, ASUS file manager and AppMgr III, compatible with my ZTE Android Z818L, ver5.1. And if not, which I believe is the case, could they recommend the proper apps. The only answer I have gotten , from an app developer, is Android bugs are the problem. I have tried so many file mgrs, I believe that it is impossible to design a Linux app that will operate effectively on so many different phone manufacturers, operating systems and the kernel, which varies on EVERY PHONE . Unless when you were installing the app, they required input of preceding 3 items I mentioned which would allow at most tailoring the app to the phone before installation and at the least, if the app is compatible with your phone. Plus. I never met a file manager that could detect the apps, at least the exact location before and after moving to the sd, not the sd partition of internal memory but the micro SD card. I wonder if any app designer knows what a task manager does. No matter where I move an app, with an app mover file or whatever, the task manager always knows where the app is, the data and cache and all the permissions.. Instead of writing the program to track the app, just poll the task mgr. Never fails.

Both apps install fine. Just don't operate 100%. The files never had all functions operate I spoke to an app designer and said it varies from phone to phone. Plus I don't know the history in this phone, my old flip phone went about 4 years ago and they gave me this phone as a replacement. Might not be the app s, I found in the file mgr multitudes of files with dates from 1969 and 70. This blocks the filepath and makes it impossible to get to many locations to manage junk files. The phone is drowning in blue files with white question marks on them that when accessed a permission denied is displayed, most have 0 bytes of info in them. Also the file mgr has never showed apps in the app folder on home page, but an abundance if data in the ' other' folder I did get a response Tonite while searching playstore that the file mgr was not compatible with my phone. Thanks for the links, I'm beat, read then tomorrow. Have a good nite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones