1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

nintendo 3ds

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by th3goob, Mar 27, 2011.

1. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Nanty Glo, PA
    anybody think its worth it
    and did anybody find any deals on it?

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I think its worthless with this whole 3d. Anyone remember virtual boy years ago? I see it as a way for them to charge more for their game cartridges.

3. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Dishwasher
    Uh the games are nearly $10 more big deal also it's a lot better than DSI or DS.

ANyway im getting mine today :)

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Let us know how it is.

5. th3goob

th3goob Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Nanty Glo, PA
    if i can find it cheaper i can get it anytime, if not i gotta wait until friday =/

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    I got to play the thing. I wasn't impressed at all. Unless the player and the handheld are completely still there is significant banding across the screen. This being a handheld means, well, almost all the time.

Plus you know nobody wants it when it is sell for at or under retail on eBay ON LAUNCH DAY!

I know amazon has a nice deal. If you order the 3DS you get $25 off a game. Or, $10 off any game if purchased sepparately, Shipping is free on at least the console + game package.

7. lordofthereef

None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
  8. Jonnyban

Jonnyban Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    I couldn't even find a shop that allows you to try one!
    They all have their little signs up advertising a trial inside the store.....
    What a bunch of teasers

9. lordofthereef

None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    A Bunch of Best Buy's have it here. That is the only place I have seen it thus far.

10. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Mississippi
    I'll get to try one out Wed. but I'm happy with my XL.

11. ParishL31

ParishL31 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Student
    Colorado
    My friend got it on launch day and I got to mess with it a bit. I am quite impressed by the graphics and 3D actually working. I messed with the Augmented Reality games, Street Fighter, and Lego Star Wars. As lord mentioned, you do have to be in the "sweet spot" to get the 3D screen to look really nice. Even sitting still I found my arms sagging it a bit after a while and losing the effect.

However, it is a huge step forward in gaming and especially portable technology in my opinion. The reason it sells under retail on eBay and other places is simply because it's a portable. Portables aren't that popular compared to a normal console. You can easily go out to your local store and find a 3DS within a couple of tries, but if you tried to find a console on launch day it'd be next to impossible without spending twice the retail price.

I personally like it. The biggest downfall is the lack of launch titles that came out with it.

12. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    graphic designer guy
    Portland, OR
    i love mine. it's totally worth it and to have 3D that doesn't require glasses is impressive no matter what. for people that are gon' hate:

3DS Haters - STFU

13. Notluk

Notluk Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Student
    Northeast OH
    My brother got one on launch day, he's a big Nintendo fanboy and buys all their systems and most of the first-party games. I've tried the system a few times, the 3D isn't exactly what I expected though. Like others have mentioned, it doesn't even look good unless you have it in that "sweet spot" but once it is there it really does look 3D. But even with it being 3D, it doesn't actually pop out at you. When they say "3D" they mean it adds depth and you see into the 3D world, it's definitely something that's easier to see then explain.

I personally wouldn't buy one, and even less so with the launch titles out right now.
    The innovation behind it is great, I mean in the future I imagine lots of, if not all, handheld devices will be 3D, but just not in the ways we might see 3D right now.
    Nintendo really is revolutionary in the devices they make, they have the right concepts for new technologies, though sometimes their delivery is a bit off for my tastes.

14. lordofthereef

None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    I disagree here. The PSP launch was sold out for a while. As was the original DS and the original gameboy advance. They all also sold for 50%+ markup, which is quite a bit. The difference is we haven't seen an actually new handheld launch in nearly a decade. They have all be revisions of old tech where they play the same games only the screens are nice, system is slimmer, lighter, etc. Cosmetic upgrades, not true hardware upgrades.