• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No %100 battery charge

The cable that most cell phones use today is standardized... they almost all use a micro USB cable. So saying the cable fits your phone doesn't automatically mean the charger is a good one or the proper one for your phone. So Thom is correct in saying that you first need to make certain you have a good quality charger that is made for your phone, just having the proper plug in doesn't ensure it is the right one.

Reactions: smacksy
Upvote 0
The cable that most cell phones use today is standardized... they almost all use a micro USB cable.
The cables aren't always high-quality, though.

I agree with the suggestion to invest in a proper charger. Verizon sells one, albeit for $35.

If you want to buy separate cables and chargers, The Wirecutter likes this inexpensive Anker cable the best: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-micro-usb-cable/ and Anker makes this Quick Charge charger that will work with the Turbo: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B01AHX1ABW (total $28 for charger and 6 foot cable.)

Reactions: smacksy and Thom
Upvote 0
My Droid is having the same issue
It will be fully charge it discharges fast then shuts down I don't believe it's the battery I have read issues about this before this is my 3th Droid and I really love the phone! I want to root it I got to figure out the issue with a battery I read in Verizon about the first upgrade cause the problems to start happening my last droid would not charge by chord only Wireless and now my warranty is running out I just have extended warranty and I change my phone plan how can I get this straight please help me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones