1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No 1080p

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FRESHCMB, Nov 2, 2014.

1. FRESHCMB

FRESHCMB Well-Known Member

Every single video on YouTube is streaming 720.... even the HQ videos I use to watch on my Note 3 @ 1080p is only streaming 720

Hlp

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 1989galaxys4

1989galaxys4 Newbie

Same here. I can only get 1080p on my s4 wtf

3. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

Google have to optimize the YouTube app for QHD phones, it seems the app doesn't recognize the Note 4's screen res and therefore defaults to HD720P.

With the Nexus 6 coming with the same screen res and SoC, we should see both HD1080P and 2K supported. Patience. :)

Podivin likes this.
  4. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

I've had the phone since day one and Google has been updating the youtube app and making it worse..mind you I get 30+mb download and 15 upload and somehow my videos need buffering on 720p which is the max setting.. there was a old update that can give you 1440p but it barely worked.. all the videos freeze 10 secs or so into them I Uninstalled all the updates and using the one that came with the phone into Google fixes their POS..

5. FRESHCMB

Well Google and YouTube need to hurry a little bit faster with the 1080.. if I wanted 720, I'll go back to my old Razr. Lol

6. FRESHCMB

Whts up with youtube's 720p only quality??? It's felt like a month and still no 1080p or 4k....

Anyone has a download or link to get these higher quality videos??

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews