1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No 2.0.1 bandwagon for me!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidism, Dec 11, 2009.

1. droidism

droidism Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    This morning I awoke to a pleasant surprise.....notification that 2.0.1 update was available for download. Instead of jumping on the bandwagon and complaining about things I can change, I will address the positives that I've noticed in the 1 hour that I've had the 2.0.1 update.

1. After the update I no longer had 3G service but a reboot and *228 later, the notification returned and all is well.

2. Even though my Yahoo email account worked prior to the update, I wasn't receiving notifications in my notification area but now I do!

3. Now I am able to surf the web in landscape mode WITHOUT sliding out the keyboard.

4. I haven't really noticed a speed increase that others have reported but my phone was plenty fast already.

So far so good.............

Update: I tried to open the "Gallery" shortcut on the homescreen and received the notification "Application is not installed on device". INSTEAD of panicking, I deleted the shortcut and reinstalled the shortcut and it worked.

Advertisement

2. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    That's also how it worked under 2.0

3. droidism

Nov 10, 2009
    I am rather tech savy and I am sure after four weeks of owning the phone I would have noticed. ;)

4. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    It worked on my phone for the past four weeks. It was pretty much the only time that I ever used the touchscreen landscape keyboard.

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    yeah browser worked in landscape for me as well prior to the update. I used it much more that way than in portrait mode. And I never use the hardware keyboard

6. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Same here.

7. droidism

Nov 10, 2009
    For whatever reason i had to slide out the keyboard to re-orientate the phone in landscape. Once in landscape mode I was able to slide the keyboard back in and surf away. Maybe I just discovered my first problem, although no longer relevant, with the Droid. ;)

8. ohvzwguy

ohvzwguy Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Verizon Rep
    OH
    there was / is an option under settings>screen & display> orientation

9. brock937.com

brock937.com New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    a little user error....but hey thats what forums are for.

10. DavidC

DavidC Active Member

Nov 10, 2009
    i was never able to get the browser to open in portrait mode.
    it only did it randomly sometimes. how do i get it in portrait mode?

11. droidism

Nov 10, 2009

Thanks for calling me out and just think I thought I was tech savy. LOL Seriously, I wish I had posted this before receiving the update because its all fixed now! :D