1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No 2.2 Upgrade for my branded HTC Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mads, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mads

mads New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hi

Four days ago I bought a HTC Desire. I live in Denmark, and the dealer said he only had English language HTC Desires available, which I thought was no problem for me.

However, the phone was not just English language, it was also T-Mobile branded. So now, I am running a T-Mobile branded phone on a Danish carrier. Will this give me problems? Specifically, is this the reason my phone will not upgrade to Android 2.2? If not, how long should I wait before updates are available?

I have tried upgrading though Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> System software updates -> Check now. But it keeps saying "There are no updates available for your phone".

Who is responsible for providing me updates? My danish carrier or T-Mobile?

The phone is not sim-locked.

Except for the missing 2.2 upgrade, the phone is working just fine.

Regrads,

Mads Lindstr

Advertisement

2. mads

mads New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Hi

A reply to myself here :)

I was wondering if there were something fishy going with the dealer, I bought the phone from. I mean, how is it that the dealer gets hold of a brand new T-Mobile branded telephone? I would have thought only T-Mobile sold these. Or maybe I am just being paranoid here.

Regards,

Mads

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    It's down to T-Mobile to sort out the 2.2 update for you, and as you've noticed, they haven't done it yet.

Tags: