1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

No 3G after being on wifi overnight

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drtracer01, Jul 29, 2010.

1. drtracer01

drtracer01 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I seem to be the only one having this particular issue with the Captivate. With a new sim card i have 3G, take it home and put it on wifi overnight, and the next day i cannot get 3G. have done reboot, soft reset, master reset, toggle flight mode off/on. The only thing that gets 3G back is another sim card. I have gone through 2 phones and 4 sim cards with this. Samsung support is scratching their heads, any ideas from the android community?

Advertisement

2. gflare

gflare Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I would say that you might need to goto an AT&T store and have them check the sim card, and also ensure that the phone has been added to the AT&T account properly.

3. Daleon

Daleon Member

Jul 21, 2010
    IT
    Georgia
    Have you left the wifi off over night and still had 3G in the morning?

4. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    That happened to me too on my current captivate but it mysteriously turned itself back on after 6 hours.

My first captivate, had no signal whatsoever - 3G or otherwise - I had to take it back the first day I got it for an exchange. The AT&T store guy thought maybe the internal antenna wasn't connected right at the factory. Maybe your internal connector came loose? I would just exchange it.

5. drtracer01

drtracer01 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    i'm on my 2nd captivate already, AT&T supposively verified my account settings are correct. the default wifi sleep options are to sleep when the screen goes blank, so wifi should have been going off over night, but i have not physically turned it off, but i should not have to

6. jbk317

jbk317 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    I have a similar issue. When I use wifi for an extended period of time and then go off it, the 3g logo disapears but comes back if I restart the phone.
    Sometimes the same thing happens with the reception bars. In an area in which I know I have reception it will display the blue circle with the slash and when I restart the phone the signal comes back.