1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root No 3G data after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by themandan, Aug 30, 2010.

1. themandan

themandan Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Minneapolis,MN
    I rooted yesterday to a stock rooted 2.2. I couldn't set up my e-mail or facebook until I turned on the 4G connection. I figured it was just overloaded due to all the syncing going on at once.

Today I flashed to Fresh 3.1.0.2 and downloaded all my apps at home with the 4G connection. After I left the house I realized that when I don't have the 4G connection, I have no data.

I cannot connect to AppBrain, GMail, Google Maps, Google Navigation, Internet, Dolphin Browser. I do have connection to Facebook though which I think is weird.

Any suggestions? The site seems to be running slow. I searched for a while and came across this issue with some different phones but no Evo stuff. I'm new to all of this.

Advertisement

2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Miami,FL
    Check under settings/wireless&network make sure mobile data checked or u can also try wiping ur dalvik-cache and cache. I've never run into this problem so I'm just giving u some options here.ultimately I will say wipe everything and reflash the ROM. Hope u get it up and running. God luck.

3. themandan

themandan Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Minneapolis,MN
    Thanks. I found this link over at xda and am tracking that. I think it may be a larger issue. I am wiping the caches now but will wait a day or 2 before wiping and flashing again. I just got setup the way I like it.

Market/Gmail issues? - xda-developers

4. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    MSFT GHD
    obvious question but... profile update?

5. themandan

themandan Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Minneapolis,MN
    Tried it. No profile update available. The more I mess with it, the more I realize it's just google. I can't go to google.com but I can go to yahoo.com and other websites like this one. Marked won't work that well and I'm guessing it is tied into google as well.

6. tardmobile

Jun 11, 2010
    MSFT GHD
    I said profile update not PRL update. It will always update your profile.

7. themandan

themandan Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Minneapolis,MN
    When I select profile update it says "No profile update available"

When I update PRL it says "No PRL update available"

ETA: If you look over at the link to XDA that I have provided. It seems that this is a wide problem. Not just with my phone/profile/PRL/ROM/anything else

8. tardmobile

Jun 11, 2010
    MSFT GHD
    Call Sprint. I've never seen a profile update say there's nothing to update and I've run it four times in a row just to see what happens when I was having 4G issues in Salt Lake.

9. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    NYC
    +1

10. themandan

themandan Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Minneapolis,MN
    The issue resolved itself. It was an issue in the midwest with Google. Please check the link above if you'd like to read more.

Tags: