1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root No 3G?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RNorgman, Aug 27, 2010.

1. RNorgman

RNorgman Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Had S-Off, 2.15 radio, and Skyraider running. Went to Unroot Dan's Worthless Blog and did the HAVE updated radio, and USED forever. I checked the phone settings, and I am back to 2.1-update1 baseband 1.00.03.04.06 and I still have S-Off. The problem is I can not get my 3G to turn on, it keeps trying and trying. So I figured I would try and change the phone back to S-ON, but when ever I get into recovery I get the "warning" symbol (red exclamation in a triangle showing the phone) and I have to pull the battery. Anyone know what is up? Do I need to re-root to turn S-On, then unroot again? Any help is welcome. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    i dont know why you posted here.

this forum can help you. HTC Droid Incredible - xda-developers

3. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    NoVa
    You would need to reroot in order to re-enable s-off. Try hitting volume up + power when the exclamation point comes up. For the 3g problem, did you try to reprogram with vzw? Dial *228 option 1.

4. RNorgman

RNorgman Active Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I don't know why I did not think about 228... it was a long day yesterday. I will try the volume up later when I get home.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    I have had some situations with froyo were if something tries to turn the 3g on with wifi going, it will hang the 3g from turning on correctly until I turn wifi off and reboot. I have solved this by simply leaving 3g in the on state and only turning wifi on and off since 3g is disabled while wifi is on anyways. With wifi off, I can normally turn the 3g on and off at will but by doing it this way I don't accidentally get it hung.