• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 4G LTE, just 4G

stevelng07

Lurker
Jul 12, 2014
So about 5 days ago I was in a hospital and couldn't get signal, so I just put my phone on airplane mode to try and save battery. After I left, I tried to turn my data on but I had no data whatsoever for nearly half the day, even when I was at home. My data then mysteriously returned but I was only on 4G. Ever since then, my phone can only get 4G, not 4G LTE. I've heard of people saying toggle airplane mode on and off but I am still getting only 4G internet. Can anyone help me? I am with T-mobile.

Really? It's just that my phone used to say 4G LTE, but now it only says 4G. My sister has the same phone and hers says 4G LTE. We also did a speed test to compare and her phone has been consistently double my speed.

Are you both with the same carrier, in the same place at the same time of day and both on the same frmware when comparing speeds?

(See #1.3 of 28 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?... to obtain both your precise firmware details.)

See also... 4G

Upvote 0
My bootloader, baseband, and PDA version is M919UVUFNB4
My CSC version is M919TMBFNB4

Thanks! So you are both on the February build of firmware, NB4, for the T-Mobile, U.S.A. minority variant, SGH-M919. It does seem odd, given your previous postings, that you should receive such diverse speeds on identical phones, firmwares and location. I take it that both your APN settings are also identical?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones