• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 4G network

I don't have a Global setting. It could be that we have different versions of the phone or also due to the fact that I am still running KitKat. In any case I would contact your provider and ask them what the problem is. It could well be that they need to resend some configuration SMS's (i.e. an APN issue).

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0
Hmm, the problem, if you want to call it that, is that H or H+ is not 4G but rather 3.5G. If you had 4G then the phone would display LTE instead, which is a completely different technology (e.g. calls are also transferred using data). So, if you are paying for 4G then you don't have it yet.

So, if you got the phone from AT&T, have paid for an LTE (4G) plan and have LTE coverage where you are, then I would talk to AT&T again and see what is going wrong.

Now, all that being said, 3.5G can deliver reasonable speeds and will probably keep you happy enough. I have a 3.5G plan and get up to 40Mbit/s (which is definitely better than my DSL connection at home). But if you are paying for more, you should get more.

Regards,
Eric.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones