• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No 4G service for over a month, tech ticket ignored!

aovaici

Jul 21, 2011
So here is something crazy... about a month ago I went over my 200(250?)mb limit. I upgraded to the 2.5gig plan and was told it would take effect immediately. Low and behold, 2-3 days later my 4G disconnects and nothing gets it to start again. I call up tech support and after about 2 hours a manager tell me that when you UPGRADE YOUR PLAN, YOUR DATA LIMIT DOESN'T TAKE EFFECT TILL THE NEW MONTH, even though they charge you from the DAY you sign up.

Ok, whatever, who cares about the $10/month extra. Well about a week goes by, plan resets, and still no 4G service. I make ANOTHER technical support ticket about 3 weeks ago, they tell me 5 business days, which ended up being 8 normal days because of holiday, and I call them and they tell me sorry, nothing has been fixed, and they make a 'escalated' corporate ticket, and the timer resets for another 5 business days. Today that ticket ended its 5 days, I called again and NOTHING, No updates / No info. Keep getting hung up on when I ask for a manager. It's been 10 BUSINESS DAYS :(

It's been almost a month, I have 3 phone lines with them, and been a customer for 12 years! I mean CMON where is the customer service? They keep saying it will be fixed and NOTHING happens, does anyone know what to do? There is NO way to talk to a REAL tech, their normal level techs work from a script and don't know anything to actually help. ALMOST A MONTH AND NO HELP :(

Does anyone know how to get my 4G fixed? It worked perfectly till they decided to cut me off for going over my limit since I 'went over cap'.

I would be pissed. Granted you pay for unlimited service so if they short you service it doesn't really matter because it's unlimited. Your not loosing anything. But When it's been almost 2 weeks, that's just shitty customer service.

I would take it as high as I could go just because I like to bitch like that plus I can't stand when someone CANT do their job properly especially in a time period when there are so many people that need a job. People should be more THANKFUL of their job and should be doing whatever they could to be the best at it to try and keep it.

I haven't came across a single Metro worker that is competant enough to even turn on a phone much less work at a store that sells them.

BITCH. That's what I would do. Even if nothing comes out of it, I enjoy making people feel stupid and wrong when they have F'd up. :D Yeah im dirty like that but that's life.

Reactions: myshkin
Upvote 0
So here is something crazy... about a month ago I went over my 200(250?)mb limit. I upgraded to the 2.5gig plan and was told it would take effect immediately. Low and behold, 2-3 days later my 4G disconnects and nothing gets it to start again. I call up tech support and after about 2 hours a manager tell me that when you UPGRADE YOUR PLAN, YOUR DATA LIMIT DOESN'T TAKE EFFECT TILL THE NEW MONTH, even though they charge you from the DAY you sign up.

Ok, whatever, who cares about the $10/month extra. Well about a week goes by, plan resets, and still no 4G service. I make ANOTHER technical support ticket about 3 weeks ago, they tell me 5 business days, which ended up being 8 normal days because of holiday, and I call them and they tell me sorry, nothing has been fixed, and they make a 'escalated' corporate ticket, and the timer resets for another 5 business days. Today that ticket ended its 5 days, I called again and NOTHING, No updates / No info. Keep getting hung up on when I ask for a manager. It's been 10 BUSINESS DAYS :(

It's been almost a month, I have 3 phone lines with them, and been a customer for 12 years! I mean CMON where is the customer service? They keep saying it will be fixed and NOTHING happens, does anyone know what to do? There is NO way to talk to a REAL tech, their normal level techs work from a script and don't know anything to actually help. ALMOST A MONTH AND NO HELP :(

Does anyone know how to get my 4G fixed? It worked perfectly till they decided to cut me off for going over my limit since I 'went over cap'.

Here is a link that might help you. Good luck.

MetroPCS Sucks - Terrible Horrible Customer Service

Reactions: aovaici
Upvote 0
I would be pissed. Granted you pay for unlimited service so if they short you service it doesn't really matter because it's unlimited. Your not loosing anything. But When it's been almost 2 weeks, that's just shitty customer service.

I am paying extra for 4G service but I don't get 4G service :( And also there is no 3G in my area so I paid for a Smartphone to use 1x service which makes the phone useless.

Upvote 0
could be the LTE card acting up. visit a warranty center. tell them
tech support sent you in for a NEW LTE card.

depending on the phone model, they can request a new LTE card.
the ESTEEMS LTE card CANNOT be replaced, you will have to warranty
the whole handset. but if you have the ATTAIN or CONNECT a new LTE
card will be requested for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones