• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 720p recording with Froyo?

BansheeVT

Lurker
Feb 15, 2010
I've been digging around online, and can't find anyone else who has this problem - after updating to Froyo via OTA yesterday, I installed Voice Search, enjoyed Flash... but when I opened the camera app, the max. resolution under the settings in the video tab is wvga (800x480).

I've seen 720p discussed as a feature of 2.2 - was it left out and I just missed the boat, or is something whack with my phone? It was a stock DInc, no rooting or anything, nothing that ought to cause weirdness... Only other thing I can think of is the 720p is pushed out OTA separately from Froyo?

Am I really the only one without 720p on my 2.2 DInc?

Thanks,
BansheeVT

I've rebooted, still not there. Not relishing a hard reset, but I might try that. Probably a good idea to back up all my stuff first, I suppose... OTOH, the update improved my phone, and didn't cause me any other headaches - no crashing, no restarts, no lag, only sweet sweet frozen yogurt lovin'. Let sleeping dragons lie?

Bizarre problem...

Thanks for your response, fatpomp!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones