1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support No 720p recording with Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BansheeVT, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BansheeVT

BansheeVT Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I've been digging around online, and can't find anyone else who has this problem - after updating to Froyo via OTA yesterday, I installed Voice Search, enjoyed Flash... but when I opened the camera app, the max. resolution under the settings in the video tab is wvga (800x480).

I've seen 720p discussed as a feature of 2.2 - was it left out and I just missed the boat, or is something whack with my phone? It was a stock DInc, no rooting or anything, nothing that ought to cause weirdness... Only other thing I can think of is the 720p is pushed out OTA separately from Froyo?

Am I really the only one without 720p on my 2.2 DInc?

Thanks,
    BansheeVT

Advertisement

2. fatpomp

fatpomp Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Its there on mine. Its right above the WVGA(800 x 480) setting. I got 2.2 from the ota and my phone was stock too. Did you try rebooting your phone. Try that and if its still not there you might have to do a hard reset.

3. BansheeVT

BansheeVT Member

Feb 15, 2010
    I've rebooted, still not there. Not relishing a hard reset, but I might try that. Probably a good idea to back up all my stuff first, I suppose... OTOH, the update improved my phone, and didn't cause me any other headaches - no crashing, no restarts, no lag, only sweet sweet frozen yogurt lovin'. Let sleeping dragons lie?

Bizarre problem...

Thanks for your response, fatpomp!

4. fatpomp

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Los Angeles, Ca
    No problem. Sorry you don't have 720p yet. Don't know if your looking for a backup app but I use mybackup pro to back my stuff up and it works great.

5. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    It's there. You mighta just caught a bug. Apps -> Camcorder. Went to the settings, and resolution and 1280x720 was there.

6. BansheeVT

BansheeVT Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Thanks for checking, guys. Looks like I'll have to do *something* to get 720p working right - and I'll look into the mybackup pro. Thanks again!

7. fatpomp

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Los Angeles, Ca
    What option do you have selected under encoding? I noticed if MPEG4 isn't selected it wont show 720p.

8. BansheeVT

BansheeVT Member

Feb 15, 2010
    That did the trick! Jeesh, who'd have thought you'd need to enable a particular encoding scheme to use 720p - I was using h.263, and changed it to h.264 - but not to MPEG4!

Thanks a million! :D

9. fatpomp

May 1, 2010
    Male
    Welder/Fabricator
    Los Angeles, Ca
    No problem glad you got it working.:D