• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No AAC ...again?

Boomboxoid claims to play AAC files, though I don't have any AAC files to play, so I can't say for certain.

I had a similar problem playing some of my WMA files. I only found two media players that could play all of my WMA files. One was PowerAmp. The other was BoomBoxoid.

If Boomboxoid doesn't work, then search the market or Appbrain for "AAC".

Upvote 0
Android has AFAIK AAC support built into all versions: It's really a requirement to play MP4 movies (which your system definitely supports if you can access YouTube), which can only use AAC for audio. Are you sure these are valid MP4s? Not just iTunes M4P files which were renamed but remain DRM protected: because no system other than an iPod will play those.

It could also be a higher AAC profile than Android supports... although AAC high profile files are VERY rare.

Upvote 0
This is getting annoying. Just replaced my EVO 4g with an EVO Design. The very same stream sources (soma.fm) and player (Cherry) that worked on the 4G don't play on the Design (sprintnet nor wifi).

Tried XiiaLive too, and it said "Android Media Failure." This first happened with the Samsung Epic (failure). It never got resolved, so I switched to the EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones