• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Adobe Flash 10.1 for Optimus M?

How do we "complain"? Call LG or Metro? I would like either a refund or flash!
Thats why i posted, we all have to complain in the same way, letters, emails, calls are a few ways. I plan to call LG since Mike up there already has. Volume is the key if it's only a few people complaining who will give a shit...
P.S. like i said earlier, i'd prefer to keep mine, like it and it has potential to be better (custom roms and the like) but i feel like no flash at all is kind of a big pitfall. especially since it was advertised.

Upvote 0
FYI the live chat wasn't much help, he offered a number at the end to file a complaint:

Javier: Hello, Welcome to LG Electronics! How may I provide you with excellent service today?
me: Hello Javier.
Javier: Hello there, how are you doing today?
me: I purchased a LGMS690 phone. The data sheet claims it supports flash
me: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/MS690_Datasheet_OptimusM_.pdf
me: As it turns out, the phone hardware cannot ever support flash
me: I would like to know how I can get a refund
Javier: I really apologize that you are having this problem.
Javier: I would be happy to help you with that.
Javier: There is no refund through LG. You can contact the place of purchase for a refund. Now, regarding the information you stated.
Javier: The phone has supports flash for certain animation and moving pictures, but it is not a Flash player, or to stream videos from the internet.
Javier: What are you referring to?
me: This phone has an ARMv6 processor. Flash 10.1 does NOT run on this processor.
me: Flash 10.1 requires ARMv7 processor
me: LGs data sheet is making a false claim
me: a claim based on which I purchased this phone
me: I am not talking about slow performance
me: Adobes own information states that 10.1 requires Armv7
me: so, Flash will never run on this phone, not at any speed
me: which is why you can't get it in the Android market using this phone
me: make sense?
me: it is a hardware compatibility issue, not a performance problem
Javier: So, you are not able to access the Android market?
me: I am able to access the market just fine
me: The problem is that Adobe Flash 10.1 is not in the market for me nor any other owner of the Optimus M
me: because the Optimus M hardware does not support Flash 10.1
me: The product data sheet is wrong
me: Here is the offical Adobe Flash requirements
me: rich Internet applications | Adobe Flash Player system requirements
me: If you scroll down to the mobile section, you will see it requires Armv7
Javier: Ok, what you are referring to on the Datasheet is a misprint.
Javier: You should be able to stream videos if you get a different browser from the Android market. There is no reason for the Android market to not work.
me: Javier, I never said the Android market does not work. I said that Flash 10.1 is not there to be installed. This is by design. The Android market does not allow you to download apps unless your hardware supports it.
me: I bought this phone because your data sheet claimed it supported Flash 10.1
me: Which supports Flash games
me: This is a very *serious* misprint. LG is claiming their phone has a huge capability which it does not have.
me: to call it a misprint is being extremely generous
me: It seems like a bad mistake on LGs part
Javier: Flash 10.1 was never supposed to be on Android market. For that to be answered you need to ask Android support team.
me: Javier, Flash 10.1 is on the Android market for anyone who has an ArmV7 processor
me: Any android phone with that cpu or better can download/use it right now
me: Optimus cannot, because the hardware is not new enough
me: There is nothing to ask Android, the answer is right in front of us
me: Optimus M cannot ever run Flash 10.1, Adobes own datasheet says so
me: If you cannot offer a refund based on this mistaken claim of LGs product
me: please tell me how to file an official complaint
Javier: Ok, Please call the 1-800-793-8896 cell phones department of LG and they will be able to fill a Claim for you and give you all the details.
Javier: I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.
me: I hope you understand the situation at least if someone asks you again
me: It is not an Android problem
me: That's ok
Javier: I do understand what do you mean.
me: ok Thanks Javier

Reactions: Sacboi2000
Upvote 0
Ok just filed an official complaint, took about 10 minutes total:
1-800-793-8896

She sounded genuinely concerned, but still wouldn't help with an exchange/refund.

I'll call that number later tonight and file another complaint.

We should get as many people to call the number and file a complaint as possable. Unless they recieve a large number of compaints in a short period of time, they wont even care. If they only get a hand full of complaints LG will just say whatever we dont care.

Upvote 0
Does that update make it possible to get adobe flash for the LG OPTIMUS M on metro? Please let me know, thanks :)

It's not a problem of Gingerbread nor Froyo. Adobe Flash 10.1 minimum requirement is an ARMv7 processor and our Optimus has an ARMv6. The problem is that LG state in the datasheet that Optimus is Full Flash capable, and is not and will never be because of the Adobe hardware requirements.

Upvote 0
ok so i posted on the other post about flash look for me if youd like to read that,so ill just touch base here. i believe it will run heres what we all need ok.1. rooted phone ofcourse, 2.setcpu 3. and most important a custom rom built with specific 1ghz freq for this processor to run at 1ghz. prolly still wont be able to download from app store but i already have 10.1 for android in a folder on my pc ready to its not to hard to find. the problem isnt really the arm6 its the simple fact i believe that it just doesnt run fast enough thats why it crashes when i run 10.1, now i could be wrong but i believe im onto something here. :)

Upvote 0
ok so i posted on the other post about flash look for me if youd like to read that,so ill just touch base here. i believe it will run heres what we all need ok.1. rooted phone ofcourse, 2.setcpu 3. and most important a custom rom built with specific 1ghz freq for this processor to run at 1ghz. prolly still wont be able to download from app store but i already have 10.1 for android in a folder on my pc ready to its not to hard to find. the problem isnt really the arm6 its the simple fact i believe that it just doesnt run fast enough thats why it crashes when i run 10.1, now i could be wrong but i believe im onto something here. :)

I am not certain but I think it quite possibly can be a processor series issue. From one series to another, processors can differ quite a bit. They are being refined more and more with each generation so they can perform the tasks they are designed to do. Having a 1GHz armv6 paired to a 1GHz armv7... they are separate beasts. I believe Adobe needs the structure of an armv7 to run flash 10.1. The newer processors are designed to handle large processes and the older processors are designed to handle lots of small processes.

Upvote 0
I am not certain but I think it quite possibly can be a processor series issue. From one series to another, processors can differ quite a bit. They are being refined more and more with each generation so they can perform the tasks they are designed to do. Having a 1GHz armv6 paired to a 1GHz armv7... they are separate beasts. I believe Adobe needs the structure of an armv7 to run flash 10.1. The newer processors are designed to handle large processes and the older processors are designed to handle lots of small processes.

You are correct. An Armv6 running at 5GHz still wouldn't be able to run Flash - it simply doesn't have the same cpu instructions as an Armv7 does.

Upvote 0
im sure you very well could be right. sorry guys lol. i do have to say ive been having lots of luck with skyfire. if anyone has problems loading flash videos ive found that sometimes itll say its not gonna work then reload and the video plays, also sometimes just waiting a little longer than i normally would and it works fine. ive watched all the dexter episodes on sidereel and fox.com fringe plus lots more.

Upvote 0
Hello all..
It has hit the fan. I complained to LG (spent about an hour on the phone with them) about a month ago, sending them all the links to the false datasheet. Fast forward to now and they have revised their online datasheet to remove the flash statement. When I spoke to them today they suggested I return the phone and they wernt going to help.
Long story short:

Metro wont accept the phone.. Bought in Jan. and exceeded the time limits.

LG wont accept the phone (its not a warranty issue that can be fixed).
LG also seems to have the tuff (stuff) attitude. The supervisor also told me that they dont have ANY phones that will run flash, but refused to tell me if they have any CDMA phones that have ARMv7.

This is now going legal. FL consumer affairs and attorney general.

The hard part..
My dumb (behind) never saved that datasheet (or just cant find where I saved it).

So..
Does anyone have a copy of that PDF that they could send or post to help out?

Many thanks

*edit* PS-Anyone in FL want to join my efforts to complain?
*edit again* found it, it is still on their website: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/MS690_Datasheet_OptimusM_.pdf

Upvote 0
Hello all..
It has hit the fan. I complained to LG (spent about an hour on the phone with them) about a month ago, sending them all the links to the false datasheet. Fast forward to now and they have revised their online datasheet to remove the flash statement. When I spoke to them today they suggested I return the phone and they wernt going to help.
Long story short:

Metro wont accept the phone.. Bought in Jan. and exceeded the time limits.

LG wont accept the phone (its not a warranty issue that can be fixed).
LG also seems to have the tuff (stuff) attitude. The supervisor also told me that they dont have ANY phones that will run flash, but refused to tell me if they have any CDMA phones that have ARMv7.

This is now going legal. FL consumer affairs and attorney general.

The hard part..
My dumb (behind) never saved that datasheet (or just cant find where I saved it).

So..
Does anyone have a copy of that PDF that they could send or post to help out?

Many thanks

*edit* PS-Anyone in FL want to join my efforts to complain?
*edit again* found it, it is still on their website: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/MS690_Datasheet_OptimusM_.pdf

And although I did not discuss this with LG or Metro-Java is also claimed on the same datasheet, but not supported. Attached is the datasheet listed above in case LG changes it on their website (downloaded today to ensure it is current).

Attachments

• MS690_Datasheet_OptimusM_.pdf
    390.5 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones