1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

no adroid market app?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dinghanz1, Aug 21, 2012.

1. dinghanz1

dinghanz1 Lurker

so i recently got a samsung galaxy tab 7.7 from china and i realized the is no android market app or icon. i dont really no much about android so im hoping someone could help me solve my problem. i really want to get some app, but dont no how. plz help asap. thanks! :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

3. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

The name of the "Android Market" was changed to GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Look for the PLAY STORE icon.

4. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Android Enthusiast

...or, if you got it from China, it may be a knockoff which doesn't come with any Google apps. Hopefully, that isn't the case, because it takes more effort to get the files.

5. dinghanz1

dinghanz1 Lurker

i didnt find any play store or android market app. there is this onenthing called samsung app, but i have a problem with that too. it says u need a sim card to use it, but everytime i insert my sim card, it stills says i need to insert a sim card.

6. nieltab

nieltab Android Enthusiast

Im afraid it could be a fake chinese tab. You can still download google play from the internet, but im not sure where you should search. Try searching for 'google play apk'

7. himeda2000

himeda2000 Lurker

I have also bought a Samsung Galaxy S II mobile from China and It doesn't have any android market or Google play. I'm confused too what to do with ma mobile phone. Any possible solutions please!

8. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

Search Google for gapps. Look for the Wiki article about CyanogenMod. There's a list of versions of gapps available. Unless your tablet is running Jellybean, you don't want the latest version (4.1.1 or 20120726).

Hover over each of the links to see what Android version it's for. It'll say something like gapps-ics-something-somethingelse-signed.zip for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x), gapps-gb-something-somethingelse-signed.zip for Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x), etc.

The "something-somethingelse" shouldn't be taken literally. ;)

Unpack the .ZIP, put the .APK on your SD card, navigate to it using a file manager (ES or similar), double-click to install and Viola!

Thought: With this question having come up more than once, should we put a sticky up somewhere explaining how to do this?

9. ExtremeNerd

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Android Expert

That's the page I was referring to. The CyanogenMod group got a C&D from Google saying to stop bundling them in their ROMs. I didn't want to post a link 'cause I wasn't sure if it would violate any policies here.

11. ExtremeNerd

From what I remember, NO developers are supposed to include Gapps in their ROMS, because it gives the false impression that it is a Google approved software. The flashable zips are provided by google for people who build AOSP. Part of the fun of open source!

12. himeda2000

himeda2000 Lurker

Dear All;
    I checked the Android Version of my mobile and it says 4.0.4 so with this information would you please help me what to do step by step... please... the above comments are not clear for me, am not much familiar with all those terms written above. But I would lie to thank for all the help;... Please more help needed!

Thank you

13. ExtremeNerd

The problem is, since we don't know exactly what your phone is as we think it may be a bit of a knockoff. We don't know if you're rooted, if it's Touchwiz, or what the internals actually are. Hopefully, the software is pre-rooted and life would be easy. I am NOT developer and don't want to be blamed for anything that may happen. Here's my best crack at the easiest way:

1) Install this app, which is ROM manager I pulled from my phone ages ago.

2)Download the Google Apps from the Cyanogen Mod page in .zip format

3) Put it in the root of your SD card.

4) Go into ROM Manager, and select flash zip from SD card

5) Pick the Google Apps and let it flash.

6) Reboot

14. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, there's a lot of them around, unfortunately they are NOT made by Samsung.

Samsung seems to be the new Apple, when it comes to counterfeits.

15. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

My friend has some kind of weird tablet made in either China or Korea, I don't remember. It's been awhile since I've messed with it, I believe the brand started with a W but I could be wrong. She asked me to look at it because nothing would download from the play store. I couldn't see any obvious reasons why not but I went ahead and uninstalled it and then downloaded the latest vs apk at the time. Her account was synced and yet nothing would download, nor from amazon, or appbrain. All she wanted was Netflixl and Angry Birds for her daughter to play with. So I had to just download those apks for her because no amount of research or anything I did that hunk of junk could get an app to download. If all you need is the play store apk, there are plenty of places to download it. Just google it.