• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No album art for stock music player?

maddog015

Feb 18, 2010
So, I've been doing some work on getting album art for my songs before putting them on my phone. As a test, I put an mp3 onto my phone, ensuring the album art was in the id (using mediamonkey). However, the art did not appear when playing the song. Any suggestions on how to get album art to work? Or if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks.

Anyone have any answers to this?

I did not have to have a separate file with cover art...just embedded in the music file itself, and it would show up while using the stock player.

My SD card failed last night, and after getting out a new card and putting my data back on it (had most of it backed up), now album art doesn't show up?

I've tried resetting the player from "manage applications", deleting all the music, and putting it back, rebooting the phone, all to no avail.

Again...it worked just fine before the SD card failed. Now it doesn't work!

Upvote 0
Thought I would give an update, of sorts. Tried this on a friends phone, and it also would not show the album art with the stock player. He is also running the 2.1 OTA, but never had any music on his phone prior to the update. So perhaps it has something to do with the OTA, as opposed to my card crapping out? (Still odd while it didn't fail to work on my phone until the SD card crashed though.) Would be good if others could provide feedback as to whether or not they have this same problem with 2.1 and the stock player?

Upvote 0
I had very little album art with 1.5, a lot with v1, and almost none at all with the ota. All the same SD card. ABout a week ago, I used an app called ''Album Art GRabber'' from the market and it was easy and effective, though not perfect. I ran it twice and it got all but fewer than one percent right. It has a well designed method of correcting the wrong ones, also. No idea if it used the local album art or imported it from the internet. I agree it makes no sense that the phone can't do that on its own, but maybe a patch to fix this bug and others will come along some day.

Matt

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, but with HTC Desire. I have a new SD card, my old one is fine. When I load my songs on the new SD card, album covers does not show on stock player. but when I load my songs from the old one, it shows.

I discovered that when using the new sd card, loading songs that were previously loaded from the old sd card will not show the album covers and loading new songs (songs that were not present in the old sd) shows album covers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones