1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No alert from text while in message app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tvogt15, Oct 1, 2010.

1. tvogt15

tvogt15 Lurker

Sep 30, 2010
    So when I receive a text and don't exit out of the messaging app when I get a text i get no notification at all, no vibration, ring or alert. Is this normal or if not is there anyway to fix it?

Advertisement

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    On mine i get my message tune & vibrate, in fact it can be a pain to switch off.

3. dervturbo

dervturbo Newbie

Sep 17, 2010
    Scotland
    Same as OP for me, being in the conversation window means no alerts happen, even if the screen if off.

4. mattmcg

mattmcg Newbie

Nov 25, 2009
    I'm in the same situation as the OP. When in the actual thread, if a reply comes through I don't get an audible alert. My phone is upgraded with Froyo 2.2 and seems to be something new as part of the upgrade.

My question is, can I set it to give me an alert with every received message?

5. Archphoto

Archphoto Guest

I'm on 2.2 and have the same result as the OP. Whilst it hasn't caused me any lasting problems, I have had phone calls from my PA asking why I didn't reply to her SMS - I've just put the phone in my pocket without exiting. . . . . . oops. :O

6. mattmcg

mattmcg Newbie

Nov 25, 2009
    yes, this would seem to be a poor feature addition at best and a bug at worst! Where can we request a feature change? Is this an Android 2.2 thing from Google?

7. Archphoto

Archphoto Guest

8. Yikes

Yikes Lurker

Jan 4, 2011
    I have this problem too, only I sometimes don't get notified at all, wherever I am on the telephone. On the home page there are no new messages showing, but when I open the inbox, 2 new messages are suddenly there. But this is just sometimes. If I stay in the inbox when a message appears, I never ever get a sound.

Would be nice to see a fix for this soon, as people often need quick answers for stuff, and can't call me. I see the message 1 hour after, and then it is too late.

Tags: