1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support NO ANDORID PHONE SUPPORT! And...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Danny80, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Danny80

Danny80 Newbie
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    Elderly caregiver
    Newport Beach, ca
    trying to call a normal carrier and ask for help is out of the question. I already tried that a few times..... anyway so basics right? i already looked on youtube searched the net. so please dont scream at me telling me to look around. i already did ... so to the KIND person who does reply "THANK YOU, I TRULY APPRECIATE IT"

Ok, so i dont need the following programs at least i dont think so ..... so i wanted to uninstall them to help free up space ? i also encountered a problem while downloading a program ... it said something strange and it couldnt finish downloading it? whats that all about? also when i download say a dating application .... is it keeping me logged in at all times unless i physically go and log out?

also why is it when im at my home page if i turn to the left and the right of the screen there are blank screens? and here is the thing i get that you can customize them but what? is it because not all icons will fit on the first page?

also my sound is fine for the most part however my speaker is on the back of my phone so when its sitting down its muffled when it rings .. so is there something i can download with out distorting quality of the ringtone....

here are some programs i dont think i need.. YOU guys tell me if you think i need them ok?

1. calendar

2.boost zone

3.Docs to go

4..BTW "DOWNLOADS" i go there everyday to see where all my new apps are and nothing is ever in this stupid box? what downloads is it speaking of

5.Global time

6. latitiude

7. OMG THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS! WHAT IS A MOBILE ID?

8. NEWS AND WEATHER

9. SOUND RECORDER

10.VOICE SEARCH ..

SO THOSE ARE PROGRAMS I HAVE NO DESIRE TO LEARN OR USE.... DO I NEED TO DO WHAT MOST CALL "ROOT" MY PHONE BEFORE I CAN REMOVE THESE ?

AND I LSO HAVE HEARD ALOT OF MIXED THINGS ABOUT ROOTING YOUR PHONE. I HONESTLY CANT HANDLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THE PHONE??? BUT I DONT WANT THESE ICONS..

OK GUYS PLEASE GO BACK AND TRY TO ANSWER ALL YOU CAN BECAUSE I CALLED ATT/T MOBILE/VERIZON AND ASK FOR A ANDROID GEEK ... AND THEY WERE LIKE "EW YOU HAVE BOOST MOBILE... CLICK"

ok, thanks my people .....

ps. OMG! also i looked at my phone under battery usage and it said "cell stand by" was using a tone of the battery and then so was my singal icon? what on earth? seriously? i cant remove those two things its part of keeping the phone on.... my god my other stupid phones didnt say...

Advertisement

2. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    TheATL
    LOL no kidding...

Not sure what you are asking here....

You can add icons to the other home screens. From the screen you want the icon, enter the app drawer(middle icon in dock). Then long press on the icon you want to move to the screen. Then drag it to where you want it.

The answer can be found here.
    http://androidforums.com/zte-warp/459261-how-boost-up-volume-warp-video.html

You will need to be rooted to uninstall stock apps and you run the risk of screwing something up. I would just leave them alone for now.

Mobile ID is custom widgets, wallpapers and other garbage Boost/Sprint thinks we will like.
    You really dont have to yell... See above.

hahahahahaha seriously... baaahahahaha

Cell standby will use more battery if you have a weak/no signal.

El Presidente and Danny80 like this.
  3. xgeek

xgeek Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    This from the guy who wants to send anthrax thru the mail??

4. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    OK, so hears my thought.
    This a forum for questions/comments.
    There is about 6 billion people on the planet, and that means 6 billion ways to express those questions/comments.
    So, if someone doesn't like a way something is expressed in a forum, you can always just ignore it. Making snide and unhelpful remarks only takes up space that could be better used.......and just makes you look at bad.

El Presidente likes this.
  5. paulbonner

paulbonner Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    True.

Something is always going to use more battery power than other stuff. If he's playing games all day, it'll be the display. If he's sitting there waiting for the phone to ring, it'll be cell standby. That's not a problem in and of itself if he's getting good battery but. But if his is draining rapidly. it could be a signal problem. (The OP may have been trying to suggest this--but I can't decipher the meaning of "...using a tone of the battery and then so was my singal icon? what on earth? seriously?" )

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Hi there. :mad:

Prime directive around here is to please be polite - and the top rule is to attack issues and not other posters.

This is a formal warning - the next outburst will result in infractions.

If you want to help, help. If you don't, find another thread of greater interest to you.