1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No app update available notifications from the market?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phil35, Feb 23, 2011.

1. phil35

phil35 Newbie

I have done a bit of a search on this, but the only threads Google brought up were ones around a year old. So I'm not sure how relevant they are. Basically as the topic title says, Ice only ever got 2 notifications tellibg me that updates are available in the market in 3 months of me having my desire. Every other time, even if I go into market and see that an update is a available, there's no notifications. It doesn't matter if auto update is ticked or not (in fact I'm pretty sure auto updae has never wotked - all my apps have that option ticked. And in the options the setting is set to 'notify'. As an experiment, saw that there was an update to an app but I didn't update. after 4 days thrre was still no notification about it.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

circiter likes this.
  2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

The market notification is just shit I think,hardly ever notified me either but I check the market every day so it's not big problem for me,I can see how it's annoying though.

3. phil35

phil35 Newbie

So there's no known fix then? I just have to check the market manually every day?

4. circiter

circiter Lurker

When I got my Captivate, and before it had received any updates (it came with Eclair), the phone would religiously notify me about every app update. A few months later, after the Android Market (alone) got updated to the version then in Froyo, but still running with Eclair as OS (I believe it was somewhere in Sept-October 2010) my phone stopped showing update notifications altogether.

I had high hopes for the FroYo update to fix the issue, but it is already here and didn't deliver in that respect. I don't understand why updates would come and go with such a fundamental feature still broken.