1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No Atrix Unlock method yet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stizzi, Feb 27, 2011.

1. stizzi

stizzi Lurker

I've tried one of the unlock code sites and it comes back as "CODE NOT FOUND". I got a refund, and they suggested using another method which takes 3-7 business days and the code comes from the manufacturer. As of now, I've searched throughout the xda forums (28 page thread) and no one has really confirmed it to work (except spammers).

Please be warned. I'll post up here once mine is unlocked.

Advertisement

2. falafel

falafel Newbie

All you have to do is wait the 30 day period. then call att and ask them to unlock the phone for you. they have that for me for the last 8 phones or so.

3. prpz

prpz Newbie

Keep me posted I need this unlocked too!!!!
    I drove down to US (from Canada) to pick it up thining I can just unlock it or get the code (ebay website) already paid one of the sites lol no code Will try to call ATT tomorrow :)

4. arunsharma7

arunsharma7 Well-Known Member

check the thread at XDA
    [Q] unlock codes (cellunlock.net seems best bet) - Page 18 - xda-developers
    already few are able to get the unlock code (you can check the pic and videos there)
    so don't worry unlock is already available.
    ATT will not give the unlock till this summer as they don't have yet (ATT rep told me when I called the 1800 number)
    bye the way I have also ordered one unlock code from cellunlock.net for 7.50 and they promised me this by tue-wed so lets c

5. prpz

prpz Newbie

Hey did you buy yours outright? are you att customer???
    Im about to call them tomorow and try to get the code

6. stizzi

stizzi Lurker

yes I just paid on cellunlock now too.. hopefully this works... it feels like SHIT having this phone here and not being able to use it..

I bet a bunch of spammers from gsmunlock and swiftunlock are going to spam this thread soon just like at xda LOL

7. prpz

prpz Newbie

yeah I just did too hopefully it works

8. arunsharma7

I am with ATT

9. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

AT&T will not give out the unlock code for this phone or the Inspire due to some exclusivity stuff, until at least 6 months after the phone was released.

10. Rounin

Rounin Guest

I got an unlock code from cellunlock.net and it worked perfectly on the first try. All you need is your IMEI # and a different SIM card (I used a Cellcom Talkman SIM card from Israel).

11. prpz

prpz Newbie

Confirmed!!!
    Offered them money too no luck

12. arunsharma7

just got an e-mail from cellunlock.net saying
    "We should be getting the code by tonight."
    so finger crossed lets c..

13. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

when did you order your code?:)

14. arunsharma7

Hurray!!!!!! got the unlock code just now hurray!!!...
    I am going to try at home so that I can take a video of the process as well and will post it when I am done.
    I ordered it on Saturday morning (EST) and paid $7.50 (with 50% discount)

15. arunsharma7

CyberPunk7t9 and 2003vstrom like this.
  16. prpz

prpz Newbie

Oh man I ordered Sunday night after reading your post t Still nothing....when did you get yours.....???do these guys work over 24hrs lol

17. arunsharma7

I ordered Sat I think and got it today around 5 P.M EST
    good luck.. These guys are definitely genuine

18. stizzi

stizzi Lurker

I got mine yesterday around 3 PM... Cellunlock WORKS!!!!

19. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Question, if it's just an unlock code that you get, why does it take so long to received the code? o_O That always baffles me.

20. 2003vstrom

from what I heard is that the code has to come from a special motorola server, thats how they get the codes, you have to be careful, that you don`t enter the wrong unlock code to many times it will screw your phone up, you won`t be able to get a cell signal, that happened to be on monday, I had to take it back to the ATT store and get a new Atrix 4g, would just keep popping up the Sim network unlock pin window and Att was on the phone with motorola for 1.5 hours, then they just gave up and gave me a new phone, I ordered a new code for my new phone from cellunlock.net i`m keeping my fingers crossed on this one.:D

21. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

got my code from cellunlock.net, worked fine.

They say if you mess up the code and it says "please contact provider" or wahtever, leave it on that screen for 8 hours and it will reset. Says that in the cellunlock instructions

22. 2003vstrom

Also I had gotten my code from GSMLIBERTY
    yeah mine would just keep popping up the Sim Network unlock pin window,
    Well I guess motorola didn`t even know that, lol ATT was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours and never mentioned leaving it set for 8 hours so it would reset its self oh well:)

23. Roze

Damn...8 hours without the use of your phone? That's sure a lot of time for the phone to not be able to use the phone. Lol I guess it's best to enter the code before you go to sleep :rolleyes: So what does it mean 'reset'? Is it a factory reset or a soft reset?

24. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert

No, no, no...what they mean is if you enter the wrong unlock code three times, then the phone will lockup and you can't use it or attempt to enter the unlock code for 8 hours. As long as you enter the right code properly the first time, the phone is instantly unlocked and ready for use.
    :D

25. Roze

So if the code doesn't work the first three time...you're basically screwed for the next 8 hours!!!

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews