• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Audio on HTC Evo video transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do a search next time, this has been asked about 10 times in the past few weeks.

Yes, you need an additional codec. But the easiest way to watch them is to download VLC Player (free) or just use Quicktime (also free). Its much easier then trying to explain how to locate and install a codec.

Wow, how helpful! Someone has an issue and you get annoyed because you were asked a repeat question?

How is this person to know you've been asked 10 times already? As for Codec installation , easy !..

As a TECH I know I will be asked "what we may consider dumb questions". Some folks don't live day to day in the high speed technology world. As a result we get folks who will ask the location of the "ANY" key. I've learned to laugh it off inside without offending .

Granted its frustrating to answer the same question over and over, we cannot assume people know where to search. :eek:

Lighten up!

Upvote 0
Wow, how helpful! Someone has an issue and you get annoyed because you were asked a repeat question?

HAHA wow... And YOU are the one who is resurrecting a 9 month old thread just to post that? If you read the forum rules, people need to search for a question first. ANd if you read the rules, you shouldnt be resurrecting old threads unless you have SOMETHING IMPORTANT to say that DEALS WITH THE THREAD TOPIC.

How is this person to know you've been asked 10 times already?

It's called Search. It takes less than 10 seconds to do.

As for Codec installation , easy !..

Actually, codec installation is quite difficult. You first have to find the right codec, and your file is likely to use more than one. Then you have to find one that doesnt have a bunch of crap-ware along with it. THen you have to install it, and configure it to work properly with your display/video card/audio device. Then you have to configure it to work properly with your video player software. Not an easy task for most people.

As a TECH I know I will be asked "what we may consider dumb questions". Some folks don't live day to day in the high speed technology world. As a result we get folks who will ask the location of the "ANY" key. I've learned to laugh it off inside without offending .

And as a tech, it's your JOB to answer those questions. As a user of this forum, you must follow the RULES that you agreed to when you registered, and those rules tell you to search for a question before asking, to avoid hundreds of multiple threads with the same question.

And I don't believe I offended the OP. I simply gave him a suggestion to search next time, as it would have been much quicker for him to find the answer he needed.

we cannot assume people know where to search.

Really? THere is a link to search in the rules, as well as a GIANT search bar on EVERY forum page.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones