1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General No bars inside my home

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Missy Crew, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Missy Crew

Missy Crew Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    New Galaxy S7 and my calls are dropped or I'm cutting in and out when I'm inside my house. I have mobile network set on Global. This was not a problem with my S 3. Inside I have either no bars or just 1. My neighbors I phone has 2 dots or 3 dots inside my house. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Questions.. When you are right outside of your house, how many bars are you seeing.

3. Missy Crew

Missy Crew Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    When outside on patio I have 2 bars.

4. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Apparently, Verizon reception is poor at your location. Not a smartphone issue it seems.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
  6. Missy Crew

Missy Crew Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    No my neighbor is also on Verizon....her network says "extended" . Another friend was here and her iPhone network said "Verizon" and her incoming call inside my house was dropped after about 30 seconds. It all seems very confusing. We live in a high tech world and all the variables just have to be dealt with as we see fit. I'm going to keep my S7...I have a land line and that will be my backup or actually my primary communication. Thanks again for responses and suggestions.

mikedt likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If your neighbour's phone states "extended", then it's almost certain she's already using a femtocell, network extender supplied by Verizon. Likely because had the same problem, no signal inside her home. Your phone can't use her extender, because phones must be specifically registered to it.

8. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

Verizon uses 'extended' networks in some areas, they piggyback/share towers.

Try taking your phone out of global, that may force it to the extended network. Or not. Does the neighbors extended have more bars/better signal?

You never dropped calls on you previous phone? Also Verizon?

9. Missy Crew

Missy Crew Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    I tried going to another network on my phone besides Global ( that was at Verizon's suggestion) and I did not get any more bars inside my house. My neighbor's phone on "extended" network did have 2 bars inside my house and I talked on it walking thru my house and I did not cut in and out and no dropped calls. I'm going to the Verizon store tomorrow with all of this info and see what they say. I tech friend of mine just changed my settings to Wi Fi calling. I have a Cox Cable 5 G modem in my house and he wants to see if going to WiFi calling might help. Just got home and will try calling and receiving calls tomorrow to see if this change makes a difference. Again, many thanks...I'm really hoping Verizon can get me this extender on my phone unless it costs me an arm and a leg...then it's back to square one.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.