• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No built-in stylus pen, sucks!

Joe Las Vegas

Jun 4, 2010
Really sucks there's no built-in stylus pen like the HTC Imagio has, which is inside the body in the lower left corner, all you do is pull it out and voila!
Can't believe they didn't do that with the EVO, sucks!
I know the stylus pens can be had on E-bay for cheap, but a built-in pen is way more convenient than carrying one separately.

Because the Evo has a capacitive screen and Imagio is resistive. Capacitive screens don't respond to almost any stylus', you have to buy special ones with tips that can activate the screen and non of them would fit inside the body of the Evo anyway.

Damn! I had know idea it was a different touch screen system, thanks, I just learned something useful today.

What are the differences between capacitive and resistive?

So buying a cheap stylus pen on E-bay would be useless, any links to places where to buy those special stylus pens?

Upvote 0
To type more accurately of course and to avoid leaving fingerprints all over the screen.

With a big screen and 4G, I'll be browsing all the time.

The whole idea behind capacity screens is to be used with fingers. They're far more responsive with fingers than resistive screens.

You need to learn to use the keyboard with your fingers, you will get accurate quickly, especially if you use landscape when you can.

Upvote 0
I searched online for differences between the 2 screens, I agree with the pressure thing of the Imagio, if I don't press hard enough on it it won't work well, at least with the capacitive screen of the EVO I won't have to press hard on the screen to make it work.
Learned something good today as I'm sure did others.

Upvote 0
Really sucks there's no built-in stylus pen like the HTC Imagio has, which is inside the body in the lower left corner, all you do is pull it out and voila!
Can't believe they didn't do that with the EVO, sucks!
I know the stylus pens can be had on E-bay for cheap, but a built-in pen is way more convenient than carrying one separately.

Admit it. This is a pic of you taken last week lmao.
pdas.jpg

Upvote 0
Funny bunch up here, I guess the EVO must be the very first fancy phone with touchscreen anyone ever used in this place, hence the inexperience with using a stylus pen to keep your screen clean when browsing or TM.

I'll just find a good anti-fingerprint screen protector and forget about using a stylus pen with this phone since the screen won't work except when using fingers, no big deal, I don't have fat fingers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones