1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support no caller id anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bluski9, Jan 9, 2013.

1. bluski9

bluski9 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2012
    Previuosly whenever someone called me their name and number will show up..

Now it's no longer showing up. tired trying to do a reset to get this to work.

Is this a software glitch or hardware problem perhaps??

I switched from iphone to this thinking galaxy will be easier but there are so many small glitches that are frustrating requiring a reset all the time..definately will not buy another android phone anymore if this is how their system operates.

I currently have a note 2 i bought in korea shv-e250s model and it's officially unlocked..

Advertisement

2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    Better dose not equate easyer

If u have the name and number saved in your contacts then it shows up when someone calls. This is TRUE for all android devices.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

It's likely a setting or configuration change. Sometimes those changes happen unknown to the user because they were implemented by installation of a new widget or app, or by configuration of a new widget or app.

Think back to you latest changes of any kind to the device, you may have impacted the caller ID by doing something with one of the social networking apps/widgets for example.

If it's a true malfunction, it may be time for the dreaded factory data reset, then, failing that, a trip to the outlet where you purchased the device.

4. bluski9

bluski9 Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2012
    the name and number are in the phone..what i've noticed is if the number has the country code saved it won't show the name..remove the country code and it shows the name..

5. HTTR

HTTR Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    Male
    Virginia
    Try "You Mail". I really like the voice mail app and his has a companion "who is calling" app that shows a pop up on all calls.