1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No Cell Signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fatray, Nov 19, 2011.

1. fatray

fatray Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    My Droid lost cell signal, wont connect back to network. Few days ago my cell battery drained very quickly for no apparent reason. I was at work so I turned it off. Later that night I put another battery in my Droid and no cell signal at all. Rebooted, nothing no signal. I figured it was Verizon cutting me off for downloading 35gigs of movies, songs etc... Called Verizon, they said take it to a Verizon store so they can look at it. They looked at it for a few seconds, saw it was rooted and said you need a new phone.
    It works just fine, connecting to Wifi, GPS works. I tried to turn airplane mode on and off, this freezes phone for a little bit with airplane mode unable to turn off. Anybody experience this? What can I do?

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Have you tried flashing a different baseband onto the phone?

3. fatray

fatray Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    First I tried a full restore from a backup that was a month old. Then tried another rom, no luck. Bought another Droid from a friend cheap. I'm guessing it over heated or something. Would it get hot enough to melt solder? Had it overclocked to 800mhz for almost two years.