• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No cellular service

noahj1102

Sep 21, 2011
This morning I wake up and my phone won't connect to Project Fi service.

I have changed nothing. I'm running Android N, not rooted. I've done a clean reinstall and still nothing but wifi works.

I've checked all settings that could cause cellular data to be turned off and nothing works.

Totally stumped at what the problem is.

Does the phone indicate no signal, or is it just not getting data service?

If you can, I'd suggest seeing if you can borrow someone else's SIM - any GSM carrier should work. If your phone connects to another network without much fuss, I'd contact Fi and see if there are any problems with your account or if they could send you a new SIM.

If another SIM doesn't work, there may be something going on with the phone - let me know and I can try to walk you through some more troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
Does the phone indicate no signal, or is it just not getting data service?

If you can, I'd suggest seeing if you can borrow someone else's SIM - any GSM carrier should work. If your phone connects to another network without much fuss, I'd contact Fi and see if there are any problems with your account or if they could send you a new SIM.

If another SIM doesn't work, there may be something going on with the phone - let me know and I can try to walk you through some more troubleshooting.
Thanks for the response.

Google is sending me a new phone. I went through the paces with them this morning and it's the phone.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones