• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No command icon on screen !

I have noticed twice after pulling my phone out of my pocket that it was on recovery screen and there was a icon of the android guy laying down with a red exclamation point and it said no command, and above that is said somtheting about appplied muti csc i think . anyone have any ideas ? what is the combo on this phone to get into recovery could it happen by accident .

im not exactly sure what youre describing. with the phone off, holding the home button + volume down + power button will boot into download mode, but i dont think that is what youre describing. Holding volume up instead of down will take you to recovery mode, and i never looked at the stock recovery on this phone but ive never seen one look like that either, so im not really sure what problem you are having

Upvote 0
im not exactly sure what youre describing. with the phone off, holding the home button + volume down + power button will boot into download mode, but i dont think that is what youre describing. Holding volume up instead of down will take you to recovery mode, and i never looked at the stock recovery on this phone but ive never seen one look like that either, so im not really sure what problem you are having
I have a picture I will try to upload but like I said it was a picture of the Android guy laying down with a red exclamation red yield shaped image coming out of his stomach and we noticed it after pulling the phone out of our pocket. of course I'm looking for an easy way to upload a photo to this thread any suggestions .

Upvote 0
It definitely sounds like it booted into a special mode for debugging or installing system software. Like the other guy said, a certain button combination during boot up is how you get to those. But for that to happen in your pocket is weird. Maybe you wear skinny jeans? Haha, I'm just messing with you.

If you can't get the photo to upload directly (which I always find difficult), try imgur. I've never used it, but it's one that I see a lot. I don't think you have to make an account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones