• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data after 2.3 upgrade...only wifi

gnarkill

Jun 16, 2011
I upgraded my LG P500 to 2.3 gingerbread, and everything works fine, except when I try to connect to my data plan, it won't let me! I have checked all the connections, made sure it's not in airplane mode...all that jazz...it only works with WiFi! Is there a fix, or do I need to downgrade?

was it a stock ota update, or was it a root flash? If it was stock, I would say downgrade, the update again. I would guess that the radio got corrupted, or didn't push properly. If it was a rooted flash, then I would check and make sure the ROM had a radio tar.md5 included, and if not, find the radio you need and flash it with cwm. and if it is stock, and downgrade/update doesn't work, then take it back to the carrier and get them to either manually push the radio, or give you a new phone. Another option is to do a factory reset and then do the update again.

Upvote 0
No. Doing a factory reset will just take you back to what you had when you first flashed this ROM. All you need to do is get the radio. Did you do a nandroid back up? If so, you can go in to cwm and restore it to stock from there, or if someone posted a stock rom you can flash it back to the phone. That way you are functional again until you find the radio for.2. 3

Upvote 0
No. Doing a factory reset will just take you back to what you had when you first flashed this ROM. All you need to do is get the radio. Did you do a nandroid back up? If so, you can go in to cwm and restore it to stock from there, or if someone posted a stock rom you can flash it back to the phone. That way you are functional again until you find the radio for.2. 3

No, I didn't do a nandroid back up. Is there a link in the forums on how to return it to retail? also, how do i check and see if it has the radio or not before I reflash it to gingerbread? I like the 2.3, as the keyboard responce is alot better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones