1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No data at all for over 24 hours

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kool kat2, Jan 13, 2012.

1. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    So me and my wife have the Charge. Mine has had no issues at all but yesterday for the whole day her data just went completely out. Not even 1x. I have messed with her settings all i can, tried airplane mode, battery pulls, sim card pulls.... Nothing works. Its a craigslist phone so getting it replaced isn't an option but it has been nothing but excellent until yesterday. I have searched and have just found fixes that dont work. I have turned the phone off for the night to see if that will work.

Anyone have any ideas?? :?

Advertisement

2. mrjwen

mrjwen Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    IT Consultant
    New York, NY
    My wife's Charge had the same problem and after spending almost an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support they finally sent her to the Verizon store where they found out her SIM card was "burnt out". They replaced it and it has been working find since. Maybe it's the same issue?

kool kat2 likes this.
  3. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    I switched out our sim cards and i guess its her phone because the same thing was going on with my sim in her phone. :(

4. Cvfactor

Cvfactor Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    This has happened to me several times about a month apart. Last time it happened here is what I did:

1. With the phone on remove the sim card. You will get a message saying there is no sim card installed. It also has a promt to reboot.

2. Re-install the sim card. The message saying there is no sim card should still be displayed.

3. Push OK on the no sim message to reboot.

Let me know if this works.

kool kat2 likes this.
  5. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA

Didn't work unfortunately. Thanks for the idea.

6. Cvfactor

Cvfactor Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Hmmm.

The first time this happened I went to a Verizon store and they couldnt figure it out so they ordered a new phone for me. But I shut the phone off overnight and it started working the next day. I didnt accept the new phone since they always tried to deliver it when I was at work and was a refurb.

The second time it lasted more than a day. This time I turned off all wireless connections overnight and in the morning turned them back on and it started working.

The next time nothing seemed to work so I went to Verizon and they gave me a new sim card which fixxed it. But the next day it started up again and I found that doing the above procedure fixxed it. I thought this was the solution but maybe not. I havnt had a problem for about a month now.

There is definetely something wrong with this phone but the problem only occurs rarely.

Good luck and keep us posted.

7. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    This happens to me at least once a month. It's the typical struggles of a Samsung Crap Charge user.

8. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    Still nothing :(

Only thing left is a factory reset. We'll see if that works.... Ill come back with the results when its done

9. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    my sister had the same issue, and she was on the phone with verizon for hours, i kept telling her i know how to fix it, she just didnt want to listen, i told her husband, factory reset will fix her issue.

sure enough it did :)

i also told her that if she were to install a rom she wouldnt have these issues.

sisters never listen :p

but factory reset will fix your issue, takes about 2 minutes to come back, but it will fix the problem

kool kat2 likes this.
  10. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    Im still waiting for her to do it. I got her this phone because all her droid x replacements were being crap and now this. She hates redownloading everything again. O well, shell have a new phone next week, she was let down by this phone.... I still love mine though..... Hopefully that factory reset will work, ill still let everyone know

11. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2011
    Male
    Carson, CA
    Yes! It worked! I saved myself full retail for her new phone :D

Factory reset did it... Still annoying as hell but she seems happy just to have her 4g back.

All is right with the world, thanks everyone.

12. Cvfactor

Cvfactor Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    My Droid last all data this morning for an hour. I was able to get it back by following the procedure below. The phone seems to work perfectly for a month or two and then one day will all of a sudden not be able to acquire 4g or 3g data.

13. treb1797

treb1797 Android Expert

May 22, 2011
    Tennessee
    Yet another Verizon 4G LTE outage occuring

It's a network issue not a phone issue

14. DaManDJ3

DaManDJ3 Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Verizon has to start giving better explanations for these service outages. Their press releases keep saying we should have access to 3G. But there is no data service available at all. They claim to be the most reliable but here we are atleast once a month without any sort of data service for a whole day ATLEAST. Why should we pay our bill if they don't provide a reliable service?