• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data being read says no SD card??

nique456

Lurker
Dec 20, 2012
So the phone randomly shut off in the middle of playing an app (tiny monsters to be exact)
when I turned it back on it was saying I couldn't play that app anmore because 'external storage is required'
then I go to my gallery and all my photos/videos are gone
then I go to take a picture and it says SD card required, but I NEVER had an SD card in the first place and it's been working perfectly fine until that time it shut off.
My data isn't off I already checked that

is there a way to get that back to normal again?? :(

So the phone randomly shut off in the middle of playing an app (tiny monsters to be exact)
when I turned it back on it was saying I couldn't play that app anmore because 'external storage is required'
then I go to my gallery and all my photos/videos are gone
then I go to take a picture and it says SD card required, but I NEVER had an SD card in the first place and it's been working perfectly fine until that time it shut off.
My data isn't off I already checked that

is there a way to get that back to normal again?? :(

Well if you've been able to take pictures and videos, then you do have an sd card in your phone. Just take off the back cover and you'll see the slot right above where your SIM card is. To fix this try taking out the sd card and putting it back in. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones