1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

No data connection...backlog

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by becdoll, Jul 25, 2011.

1. becdoll

becdoll Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2011
    To make a very long story as short as possible....my screen broke on my evo shift and took it into sprint store for repair. After multiple trips, was given a refurbished phone. They activated it while in the store but it did not have data connection. Was told data would come on in approximately 1-2 hours. Needless to say after 3 hours, still no data. Phone calls to sprint's tech support included multiple resets, attempts to upgrade profile and prl, attempt to change my data username and password and finally a factory reset. None of it worked! Took phone back to store and was given a brand new phone, but this time, phone would not activate in the store and was told it was because there was a glitch in my account. Called sprint tech support again and was told that each time they reset and attempted to activate and update my phone previously, it created a backlog on the account. Each backlog would take 2 hours to clear and with 11 total backlogs, I would have to wait 24 hours to attempt to turn on phone and activate. After 24 hours, phone still will not perform hands free activation because it says I have no data connection....error 67 code. After waiting 3 more hours to allow that backlog to clear, phone still will not activate. Have spoken with tech support, account services, customer care and in store technicians.....nobody has an answer....each blaming the other and none helping me. What the hell is a backlog and why can't I get data??? I have 4 other phones on the account and they work just fine. I live in a 3g area, in a city with coverage all around me. My line worked just fine until they tried to activate a new phone on it.....someone please help!!!!

Advertisement

2. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    May I suggest you post this issue on the SPRINT forum here: Sprint - Android Forums

There si much more Sprint Tech activity there then here.

3. motoxxxman

motoxxxman Member
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    I've actually been having this error quite often in the last 4 days or so, on the same new phone I've had for months. the thing with mine though is it only does it when I'm home. anytime I go anywhere to where it reads from a different tower, the problem is instantly gone and I get data connections instantly every time. but then soon as I get home, data connection is almost non-existent. I blame my local tower. hopefully they fix it soon