• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No data connection on rooted phone after restart

grouchyhugz

Feb 11, 2012
My phone was running a little slow, so I restarted it; not a reset, I pushed the power button and hit power off and restart.

When it restarted, I had no data connection. There's a red x by my bars so I can't use the hands free activation feature.

My phone is rooted using stump root and has been restarted before, so I don't know why it chose now to mess up.

Is there any way I can fix this without having to flash back to stock and re-root? I really don't want to go through all that hassle if I don't have to.

Thanks!

My phone was running a little slow, so I restarted it; not a reset, I pushed the power button and hit power off and restart.

When it restarted, I had no data connection. There's a red x by my bars so I can't use the hands free activation feature.

My phone is rooted using stump root and has been restarted before, so I don't know why it chose now to mess up.

Is there any way I can fix this without having to flash back to stock and re-root? I really don't want to go through all that hassle if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Go in to settings to data make sure its on LTE air plain mode off

Upvote 0
Have u did a restors back up?
I need to do one. I've been reading the Cyanogen guides, but I haven't had time to REALLY read them before I go messing with my phone more. The last time I tried, I messed it up and wound up having to flash to stock and lost all my stuff anyway.

I guess the next step is to either set up one of the back ups and try to do a recovery or suck it up, restore to stock, and redo everything?

Upvote 0
I need to do one. I've been reading the Cyanogen guides, but I haven't had time to REALLY read them before I go messing with my phone more. The last time I tried, I messed it up and wound up having to flash to stock and lost all my stuff anyway.

I guess the next step is to either set up one of the back ups and try to do a recovery or suck it up, restore to stock, and redo everything?
Its always good practice to make a nano backbup just after rooting and before u tweak or install APS things can happen

Reactions: grouchyhugz
Upvote 0
If you're on the stock rom, were it me I'd connect it to a PC, copy off any data you want to keep, and then just flash it again. You've already lost more time on it than it's worth, unfortunately.
That's the answer I expected even though I didn't want it. *sigh* This is the second time this has happened to me though and I wish I knew why. My kids have the same phones and I rooted them with Stump Root and this never happen to them.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
I have a door stop now.
CS was useless, so I tried setting up TWRP. I thought I had it right, but it factory reset.
I said to hell with it and tried to flash it to stock like I've done before, but now my pc won't even detect my phone. I made sure the drivers were installed with the LG Driver install tool, but no luck. I'm too tired to deal with it anymore today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Maybe next time I'll pay more than 75 bucks for a phone and I won't have to fool with this.

Upvote 0
I have a door stop now.
CS was useless, so I tried setting up TWRP. I thought I had it right, but it factory reset.
I said to hell with it and tried to flash it to stock like I've done before, but now my pc won't even detect my phone. I made sure the drivers were installed with the LG Driver install tool, but no luck. I'm too tired to deal with it anymore today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Maybe next time I'll pay more than 75 bucks for a phone and I won't have to fool with this.
U can look on eBay for an zte warp 4g LTE or an zte awe they both good phones the f3 is a different phone I know I have one works good rooted and a custom ROM L's on it and twarp any ways hope u get iy

Upvote 0
I managed to unbrick the rotten thing and miraculously my data connection has been restored. For some reason the V5 rom I had been using didn't work, but I found a custom V8 rom that worked just fine. Now to reroot, backup and reinstall all my stuff.
It's days like these when I miss phones just being phones.
Thanks for all your help and support!! You guys are the best!. :D

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
I managed to unbrick the rotten thing and miraculously my data connection has been restored. For some reason the V5 rom I had been using didn't work, but I found a custom V8 rom that worked just fine. Now to reroot, backup and reinstall all my stuff.
It's days like these when I miss phones just being phones.
Thanks for all your help and support!! You guys are the best!. :D
Glad to here that good job perdantence

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones