1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General No data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crankin, Mar 30, 2009.

1. crankin

crankin Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Not sure whether any of you will have the answers im looking for, mostly because i come from australia and the networks here are quite different.

My current plan has a data allowance per month, however i can't seem to access anything (websites, email) when im not connected to a local wifi network.

I don't suppose its something real simple like a setting that needs to be turned on? ive gone through and checked everything i can.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Try MENU|System Settings|Wireless Controls|Mobile networks|Use only 2G networks

If checked it will only use GPRS or Edge networks .. Uncheck to use 3G ... assuming you have 3G in your area ... (hopefully not Ayers Rock area) :rolleyes:

3. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Did you make a NEW APN and put inthe correct codes? Also many pre-paid SIM cards need to have the DATA turned on by the company/service provider.

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Well that is definately true for TMobile ... they must activate Data in their system for Data to work on the phone...

5. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Graphic Design/Help Desk
    Long Beach, CA
    There is also a different set of options if you can dig far enough. Get yourself a copy of Any Cut or Better Cut and create a new shortcut. Choose Activities and go down to "Phone Info" from there create the shortcut and then run it. You will see that there is a few options for different bands you can "play" with.

Tags: