• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Data Signal For 2 Days

ooberandy

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Hartlepool, UK
I have a HTC Hero on Orange & rooted to villains 5.2 rom. Im also based in Hartlepool.

For the last 2 days i have not been able to download any data - there is no G/ E/ 3G/ H symbols next to my signal strength.

I have recently been using the 'Mobile' toggle as my data usage was close to its limits & didnt want to run over.

Has anyone else had any problems or know of a solution? If i ring Orange will they know my phone is rooted & will that cause a problem when getting tech support?

thanks

I'll assume you tried rebooting the phone.

You can check if there are any errors with your data connection by going to: Settings, Wireless & Networks and then seeing if there is a message under "mobile networks". For example mine said "Your APN settings are incorrect" even though I didn't change them and it went away on its own.

If you ring Orange TS I doubt they'd be able to tell if you rooted the phone over the phone (does your ROM have Sense?) but they might notice if they agree to replace the phone and you send it in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones