1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No data when i leave city limits?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    This just started happening around 4 days ago. When i get roughly 5 or so miles past city limits i lose 4g and my phone has a message saying "you have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with roaming turned off." Ive never had this problem before; i still have plenty of bars and am able to make calls and texts no problem. After an hour on the phone with straight talk the only solution they had left for me was to completely replace my phone which is why i always regret calling those idiots in the first place because they never seem to have a clue on whats going on. Any ideas? I have a samsung exhilarate running android 4.0.4

Advertisement

2. cecil_cbr

cecil_cbr Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2014
    So I did a factory reset on my phone to clear everything out and start over. After I put in my APN settings, everything started working again... for like 3 minutes. Then all of a sudden I lost data again and the same error message popped up. Wtf is going on?? Is straight talk blocking my data and not telling me?

3. cecil_cbr

cecil_cbr Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2014
    So i found another solution today.. I can put my phone on airplane mode then turn it off and my data will come back, but it is just like before it only lasts a few minutes then disappears again. Still have no clear answer from straight talk they can't even speak English anyways so I'm not going to bother with them anymore. This is extremely frustrating right now

4. cecil_cbr

cecil_cbr Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2014
    After looking through the multiple pages of questions here and seeing how there are rarely any solutions let alone replies to half of the posts here i can pretty much conclude this website is worthless. Not sure why people still ask questions here