1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support No data with new Infuse 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spiritbeast, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Spiritbeast

Spiritbeast Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    I just purchased an Infuse 4G, as an upgrade for another line on the account. I placed my SIM card from my old phone in it, and even though I'm getting bars, I'm getting no data. I made sure the data was on, and it was. Any possible ideas for solutions? I'll call ATT tomorrow, but it's too late to call them today.

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement

2. Rwestiv

Rwestiv Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    West of the Mississippi
    Assuming you have a data plan for the number associated with that sim card I beleive it should work.

Have you tried going to the att wireless site? I don't know if it would do any good but I wonder if you could at least get more info on the card.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, I'm fairly new to Androids myself.

GBA

3. element526

element526 Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Space Coast
    Was the other phone a 4G? Data acts kind of screwy if you use a 3G SIM in 4G phones.
    I'd go to an ATT store and get a new SIM.

4. z_zk_z

z_zk_z Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    You need to create a new APN and use it. search for APN

5. ReggieSmith

ReggieSmith Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    Hampton, GA
    If you were using a 3G phone before, you need to call AT&T and tell them which line you are using the Infuse on. There is a different data code that needs to be in their system in order for 4G enabled phones like the Infuse & Inspire to work.

I had the same problem when I switched from my iPhone. The rep put a 3G smartphone data code on my line and I got nothing. Once I called, they told me I needed the 4G data code.

As far as the SIM goes, a 3G SIM WILL work in 4G enabled phones as that is what I was using in my Inspire. It wasn't until I got a new Infuse that I switched SIMs (because a new one came in the box and the rep suggested I switch to avoid problems later on down the road and a new SIM periodically is a good thing.) I don't save anything to the SIM anymore so it wasn't an issue.